Notes & Reviews:
Pedro Vilarroig's music is generally tonal-centered, based on a mix of Spanish musical styles and characterized by highly original orchestration.
Composer of an extensive electronic, chamber, solo piano and choral output, Vilarroig has always revealed a preference for orchestral music, having composed nine symphonies along with three solo concertos, including the brilliant Concerto for piano and orchestra recorded here, a monumental work of notable neo-romantic reminiscences.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVilarroig, Pedro : Piano Concerto
- Performer: Fernando Pérez (Piano)
- Conductor: Mario Klemens
- Ensemble: Prague Symphony Orchestra
- Running Time: 29 min. 22 sec.
- Written: 1990
Vilarroig, Pedro : Quartet for Strings no 1
- Running Time: 16 min. 20 sec.
- Written: 1998
Vilarroig, Pedro : Sonata for alto saxophone & piano
- Performers: Jesús Maria Gómez [Piano] (Piano); Joaquín Franco (Saxophone)
- Running Time: 16 min. 12 sec.
- Written: 2004