- Ekkehard Carbow (Harpsichord)
- Marianne Smerd (Violin)
- Alexander Bagrinstev (Cello)
- Dana Anka (Violin)
Notes & Reviews:
In the 1730s and '40s, the concerto grosso form reached the summit of its popularity and distribution in England. Handel responded with twelve Concerti Grossi, Op. 6, which he completed in less than a month. This collection contains Handel's most brilliant and intricate instrumental music.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHandel, George Frideric : Concerti Grossi (12), Op. 6, HWV 319-330
- Performers: Ekkehard Carbow (Harpsichord); Marianne Smerd (Violin); Alexander Bagrinstev (Cello); Dana Anka (Violin)
- Conductor: Emil Klein
- Ensemble: Hamburg Soloists
- Running Time: 161 min. 40 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1739