1 800 222 6872

Bach Adagios - Over 2 1/2 hours of the Most Beautiful Music

Audio Samples

  1. Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air $1.29 on iTunes
  2. Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, BWV 645: Excerpt $1.29 on iTunes
  3. Concerto for Flute, Violin, Harpsichord and Strings in A Minor, BWV 1044: II. Adagio ma non tanto e dolce $1.29 on iTunes
  4. Cantata BWV 156, "Ich steh mit einem": I. Sinfonia $1.29 on iTunes
  5. Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D, BWV 1050: II. Affetuoso $1.29 on iTunes
  6. Aria with 30 Variations, BWV 988 "Goldberg Variations": I. Aria $1.29 on iTunes
  7. Italian Concerto in F, BWV 971: II. Andante $1.29 on iTunes
  8. Violin Concerto No. 1 in A Minor, BWV 1041: II. Andante $1.29 on iTunes
  9. Concerto for Harpsichord, Strings and Continuo No. 5 in F Minor, BWV 1056: II. Largo $1.29 on iTunes
  10. Suite for Solo Cello No. 3 in C, BWV 1009: IV. Sarabande $1.29 on iTunes
  11. Concerto for Oboe, Strings and Continuo in F, BWV 1054: II. Siciliano $1.29 on iTunes
  12. Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248: No.10 Sinfonia $1.29 on iTunes
  13. Sonata for Flute or Violin No. 3 in A Minor, BWV 1032: II. Largo e dolce $1.29 on iTunes
  14. Suite for Lute in G Minor, BWV 995: V. Gavotte I/II en Rondeau $1.29 on iTunes
  15. Jesu meine Freude, Motet BWV 227: Chorale: Jesu, priceless treasure, $1.29 on iTunes
  16. Concerto for 2 Violin, Strings and Continuo in D Minor, BWV 1043: II. Largo ma non tanto $1.29 on iTunes
  17. Sonata for Flute and Continuo No. 2 in E-Flat Major, BWV 1031: II. Siciliano $1.29 on iTunes
  18. Violin Concerto No. 2 in E, BWV 1042: II. Adagio $1.29 on iTunes
  19. Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F, BWV 1047: II. Andante $1.29 on iTunes
  20. Sonata for Viola da Gamba and Harpsichord No. 1 in G, BWV 1027: II. Andante $1.29 on iTunes
  21. Concerto for 2 Harpsichords, Strings and Continuo in C Minor, BWV 1060: II. Adagio $1.29 on iTunes
  22. Partita No. 1 in B-Flat, BWV 825: I. Praeludium $1.29 on iTunes
  23. Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G, BWV 1049: II. Andante $1.29 on iTunes
  24. Partita for Solo Violin No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1004: III. Sarabande $1.29 on iTunes
  25. Concerto in D Minor for Oboe, Violin and Strings, BWV 1060: II. Adagio $1.29 on iTunes
  26. Prelude and Fugue in C (WTK, Book 1, No. 1), BWV 846: Prelude $1.29 on iTunes
  27. Minuet in G, BWV Suppl. 114 $1.29 on iTunes
  28. Suite in E For Flute, BWV 1006a/1000: III. Gavotte en rondeau $1.29 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord in A minor, BWV 1044 "Triple Concerto"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in D minor, BWV 1052
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, for keyboard (Clavier-Übung IV), BWV 988 (BC L9)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto, for solo keyboard in F major (Clavier-Übung II/1), BWV 971 (BC L7)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 6 in D major, BWV 1012
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for oboe, violin, strings & continuo in F major (reconstruction), BWV 1053R
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1032
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for lute in G minor, BWV 995
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesu, meine Freude, BWV 227
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in E flat major, BWV 1031
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin no 2 in E major, BWV 1042
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 1 in G major, BWV 1007
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe d'Amore in A major, BWV 1055
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 1 in B flat major, BWV 825
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 4 in D major, BWV 828
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 36 in D minor (AMN II/36; doubtful), BWV Anh. 132
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Bach Adagios features the best-loved and most soothing works by Johann Sebastian Bach. Artists include Sir Neville Marriner, Heinz Holliger, Andras Schiff, Alfred Brendel, Pepe Romero, Henryk Szerying, Janos Starker and more! Orchestras and Ensembles include the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Munich-Bach Orchestra, The English Concert, New Symphony of London and more!



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Air (Air on a G String)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Running Time: 5 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166) :: Sleepers Awake (Wachet auf, r
  • Conductor: Raymond Agoult
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 11/25/1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord in A minor, BWV 1044 "Triple Concerto" :: Adagio,
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Trevor Pinnock (Harpsichord); Simon Standage (Violin)
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 5 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1729-1741

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in D minor, BWV 1052 :: Sinfonia
  • Performer: Heinz Holliger (Oboe)
  • Ensemble: Camerata Bern
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 01/23/1729

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050 :: Affettuoso
  • Performers: Jean-Pierre Rampal (Oboe); Henryk Szeryng (Violin)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Running Time: 5 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Goldberg Variations, for keyboard (Clavier-Übung IV), BWV 988 (BC L9) :: Aria
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto, for solo keyboard in F major (Clavier-Übung II/1), BWV 971 (BC L7) :: Andante
  • Performer: Alfred Brendel (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1735.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052 :: Andante
  • Performer: Arthur Grumiaux (Violin)
  • Conductor: Arpad Gérecz
  • Ensemble: Les Solistes Romandes
  • Running Time: 6 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056 :: Largo
  • Performer: Raymond Leppard (Harpsichord)
  • Conductor: Raymond Leppard
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 6 in D major, BWV 1012 :: Sarabande
  • Performer: Pepe Romero (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for oboe, violin, strings & continuo in F major (reconstruction), BWV 1053R :: Siciliano
  • Performer: Heinz Holliger (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1955

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248 :: Sinfonia
  • Conductor: Karl Richter
  • Running Time: 7 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1734

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1032 :: Largo
  • Performers: Henk Bouman (Harpsichord); Wilbert Hazelzet (Flute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for lute in G minor, BWV 995 :: Gavotte 1/2 en Rondeau
  • Performer: Narciso Yepes (Lute)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1727-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesu, meine Freude, BWV 227 :: Jesu, Priceless Treasure
  • Performer: Simon Preston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043 :: Largo ma non tanto
  • Performers: Zino Francescatti (Violin); Régis Pasquier (Violin)
  • Conductor: Rudolf Baumgartner
  • Ensemble: Lucerne Festival Strings
  • Running Time: 7 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in E flat major, BWV 1031 :: Siciliano
  • Performers: Maria Graf (Harp); Irena Grafenauer (Flute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1734

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin no 2 in E major, BWV 1042 :: Adagio
  • Performer: Henryk Szeryng (Violin)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Running Time: 6 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047 :: Andante
  • Conductor: Karl Richter
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for solo cello no 1 in G major, BWV 1007 :: Andante
  • Performers: György Sebök (Piano); János Starker (Cello)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060 :: Adagio
  • Performers: David Reichenberg (Oboe); Simon Standage (Violin)
  • Conductor: Trevor Pinnock
  • Ensemble: The English Concert
  • Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1921

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe d'Amore in A major, BWV 1055 :: Larghetto
  • Performer: Heinz Holliger (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Iona Brown
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields
  • Running Time: 5 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1969

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 1 in B flat major, BWV 825 :: Praeludium
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1726-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049 :: Andante
  • Performers: Michala Petri (Recorder); Henryk Szeryng (Piano); Henryk Szeryng (Violin)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Keyboard no 4 in D major, BWV 828 :: Sarabande
  • Performer: Pepe Romero (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1726-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060 :: Adagio
  • Performers: Carmel Kaine (Violin); Tess Miller (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Running Time: 5 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1921

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1) :: Prelude no 1
  • Performer: Friedrich Gulda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet for keyboard no 36 in D minor (AMN II/36; doubtful), BWV Anh. 132
  • Performer: Celedonio Romero (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: Gavotte en rondeau
  • Performer: Maria Graf (Harp)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
  • Performer: Peter White (Organ)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723