- Alison Bury (Violin)
- Christopher Hirons (Violin)
- Christopher Hogwood (Harpsichord)
- Christopher Hogwood (Organ)
- John Holloway (Violin)
- Catherine Mackintosh (Violin)
Notes & Reviews:
This acclaimed recording of Vivaldi's popular Four Seasons concertos makes a welcome return on CD. Each of the four concertos has a different soloist, a decision believed to match Vivaldi's original practice more closely than the usual modern allocation to a single player. The sololists here are Christopher Hirons (Spring), John Holloway (Summer), Alison Bury (Autumn) and Catherine Mackintosh (Winter).
With a different soloist for each of the four concertos, Hogwood directs the Academy of Ancient Music in lively performances with exceptionally imaginative use of continuo contrasts... ..These performances have a high place among authentic version
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
- Performers: Alison Bury (Violin); Christopher Hirons (Violin); Christopher Hogwood (Harpsichord); Christopher Hogwood (Organ); John Holloway (Violin); Catherine Mackintosh (Violin)
- Conductor: Christopher Hogwood
- Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music
- Running Time: 37 min. 51 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Concerto
- Written: 1725