1 800 222 6872

Richter The Master Vol 8 - Bach

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 3 in G minor, BWV 808
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 4 in F major, BWV 809
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite, for keyboard no 6 in D minor, BWV 811 (BC L18)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 2 in C minor, BWV 813
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite, for keyboard no 4 in E flat major (variant), BWV 815a
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata in G major, BWV 916
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 906
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Sviatoslav Richter is widely regarded as one of the finest pianists of the twentieth century. With a career that began in Soviet Russia in the 1930s, listeners in the West had their first opportunity to hear him through recordings made in the 1950s, and his reputation among classical fans grew quickly. This series marks the first time that Philips and Decca recordings have been combined to create the definitive mid-priced Richter series.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 3 in G minor, BWV 808
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 4 in F major, BWV 809
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1720.
  • Running Time: 20 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite, for keyboard no 6 in D minor, BWV 811 (BC L18)
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 2 in C minor, BWV 813
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite, for keyboard no 4 in E flat major (variant), BWV 815a
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1722.
  • Running Time: 16 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata in G major, BWV 916
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 906
  • Performer: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1704