Buxtehude: Opera omnia Vol 5 - Vocal Works Vol 2 / Koopman

Album Summary

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Benedictam Dominum, for SSATB & SATB voices, 2 violins, violone, 4 trumpets, 4 trombones, bombarde,
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Befiehl dem Engel, dass er komm, BuxWV 10
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : In dulci jubilo, for SSB voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 52
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Jubilate Domino, omnis terra, BuxWV 64
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Ich suchte des Nachts, BuxWV 50
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Du Friedenfurst Herr Jesu Christ, for SSB voices, 3 violins (or 2 violas & bassoon) & continuo, BuxW
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Divertissons nous aujourd'hui, canon in 3 parts, BuxWV 124
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Magnificat
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Wie wird erneuet, wie wird erfreuet, for SSATTB voices,3 violins, 2 violas, violone, 3 cornets, 3 tr
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Ihr lieben Christen, freut euch nun, BuxWV 51
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Afferte Domino gloriam honorem, for SSB voices & continuo, BuxWV 2
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : O frohliche Stunden, o herrlicher Tag, aria for voice, violin, 2 oboes & continuo, BuxWV 120
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Drei schone Dinge sind, for SB voices, violone or bassoon & continuo, BuxWV 19
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Missa all brevis, for SSATB voices & continuo, BuxWV 114 (possibly spurious)
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Liebster meine Seele saget, for SS voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 70
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Canon duplex per augmentationem, canon for 4 instruments, BuxWV 123
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Cantate Domino canticum novum, BuxWV 12
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Nun lasst uns Gott dem Herren, for SATB voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 81
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Herren var Gud, for SATB voices, 2 violins, violone & continuo, BuxWV 40
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Heut triumphieret Gottes Sohn, for SSATB voices, 2 trumpets & continuo, BuxWV 43 (possibly spurious)
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This double CD is the fifth volume in a set of Buxtehude’s complete works, and the second part of the vocal works, containing a mixed selection of shorter works in various genres.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Benedictam Dominum, for SSATB & SATB voices, 2 violins, violone, 4 trumpets, 4 trombones, bombarde,
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra
  • Running Time: 12 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1660-1667

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Befiehl dem Engel, dass er komm, BuxWV 10
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra
  • Running Time: 6 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : In dulci jubilo, for SSB voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 52
  • Performers: Johannette Zomer (Soprano); Klaus Mertens (Bass)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 6 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Jubilate Domino, omnis terra, BuxWV 64
  • Performer: Jonathan Manson [Cello/Viola da gamba]
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 8 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Ich suchte des Nachts, BuxWV 50
  • Performers: Andreas Karasiak (Tenor); Klaus Mertens (Bass)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 14 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1680-1687

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Du Friedenfürst Herr Jesu Christ, for SSB voices, 3 violins (or 2 violas & bassoon) & continuo, BuxW
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 6 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Divertissons nous aujourd'hui, canon in 3 parts, BuxWV 124
  • Performers: Andreas Karasiak (Tenor); Klaus Mertens (Bass)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 05/12/1670

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Magnificat
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 7 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Wie wird erneuet, wie wird erfreuet, for SSATTB voices,3 violins, 2 violas, violone, 3 cornets, 3 tr
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 11 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Ihr lieben Christen, freut euch nun, BuxWV 51
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 10 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Afferte Domino gloriam honorem, for SSB voices & continuo, BuxWV 2
  • Performers: Johannette Zomer (Soprano); Bettina Pahn (Soprano); Klaus Mertens (Bass)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 5 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : O fröhliche Stunden, o herrlicher Tag, aria for voice, violin, 2 oboes & continuo, BuxWV 120
  • Performers: Margaret Faultless (Violin); Johannette Zomer (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Drei schöne Dinge sind, for SB voices, violone or bassoon & continuo, BuxWV 19
  • Performers: Bettina Pahn (Soprano); Klaus Mertens (Bass)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 10 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Missa all brevis, for SSATB voices & continuo, BuxWV 114 (possibly spurious)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 7 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Liebster meine Seele saget, for SS voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 70
  • Performers: Johannette Zomer (Soprano); Bettina Pahn (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Canon duplex per augmentationem, canon for 4 instruments, BuxWV 123
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 1 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 06/25/1674

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Cantate Domino canticum novum, BuxWV 12
  • Performers: Johannette Zomer (Soprano); Bettina Pahn (Soprano); Klaus Mertens (Bass)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 7 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Nun lasst uns Gott dem Herren, for SATB voices, 2 violins & continuo, BuxWV 81
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 5 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Herren vår Gud, for SATB voices, 2 violins, violone & continuo, BuxWV 40
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1687

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Heut triumphieret Gottes Sohn, for SSATB voices, 2 trumpets & continuo, BuxWV 43 (possibly spurious)
  • Conductor: Ton Koopman
  • Ensemble: Amsterdam Baroque Choir
  • Running Time: 14 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque