- Filippo Adami (Tenor)
- Akie Amou (Soprano)
- Lorenzo Regazzo (Bass)
- Giuseppe Fedeli (Voice)
- Rossella Bevacqua (Voice)
- Wojciech Gierlach (Bass)
- Karen Bandelow (Mezzo Soprano)
- Giorgio Trucco (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
Rossini’s 'Mose in Egitto', described as an 'azione tragico-sacra', combines the biblical narrative of the release of Moses and the Israelites from Egypt, and a more characteristically operatic element in the love of Pharaoh’s son Osiride for the Hebrew girl Elcia, making this also a typical conflict between love and duty. The piece was reworked in 1822 for Paris with new arias, but is given here in the slightly revised Italian version of 1819, which includes the famous Act 3 'Preghiera' of Moses.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsRossini, Gioachino : Mosè in Egitto, opera
- Performers: Lorenzo Regazzo (Bass); Giuseppe Fedeli (Voice); Rossella Bevacqua (Voice); Wojciech Gierlach (Bass); Karen Bandelow (Mezzo Soprano); Giorgio Trucco (Tenor); Filippo Adami (Tenor); Akie Amou (Soprano)
- Conductor: Antonino Fogliani
- Ensemble: Württemberg Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Kursaal, Bad Wildbad, Germany (07/01/2006/07/06/2006)
- Running Time: 115 min. 30 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Written: 1818
- Studio/Live: Live