Wagner, Wolf, Britten, etc: Songs / Brewer, Vignoles

Album Summary

>Wagner, Richard : Wesendonck Lieder
>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
>Britten, Benjamin : Cabaret songs (4) for Hedli Anderson, for voice & piano
>Carter, John : Cantata, for voice & piano
>Word, Spoken : Announcement
>Traditional Spiritual : Po' Pilgrim of Sorrow (a.k.a. A City called Heaven)
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (6), Op. 37
>Merrill, Bob [Songwriter] : Mira
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Grammy Award winning American soprano Christine Brewer's appearances in opera, concert and recital are marked with her own unique timbre, at once warm and brilliant, combined with a vibrant personality and emotional honesty reminiscent of the great sopranos of the past. Her range, golden tone, boundless power, and control make her a favorite of the stage as well as a sought-after recording artist.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Wagner, Richard : Wesendonck Lieder
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1857-1858
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/19/1888
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/18/1888
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/22/1888
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Wolf, Hugo : Goethe Lieder
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 12/17/1888.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/17/1888
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Britten, Benjamin : Cabaret songs (4) for Hedli Anderson, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1937
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Carter, John : Cantata, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Word, Spoken : Announcement
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Traditional Spiritual : Po' Pilgrim of Sorrow (a.k.a. A City called Heaven)
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1865
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (6), Op. 37
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Word, Spoken : Announcement
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Merrill, Bob [Songwriter] : Mira
  • Performers: Roger Vignoles (Piano); Christine Brewer (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Studio/Live: Live