- Sharla Nafziger (Soprano)
- Marcus DeLoach
- Christ˛pheren Nomura
- Christine Swistro
- Krista River (Mezzo Soprano)
- Charles Blandy (Tenor)
- William Hite (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
The Boston Cecilia's concert performance of Scott Wheeler's one-act opera on April 1st, 2007, in New England Conservatory's Jordan Hall, was hailed with a 'Boston Globe' headline: "Construction of Boston is a love note to the city." Drawing on a cast of brilliant, young, mostly Boston-based vocal artists, a chorus of established reputation in music old and new, and an outstanding orchestra comprised of first rank professional instrumentalists, Wheeler's witty, first foray into the operatic genre got a brilliant reading under the baton of veteran conductor Donald Teeters.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Medtner: Complete Works for Violin and Piano, Vol 2
Godard: Violin Concerto no 2, etc / Hanslip, Trevor, et al
Hisato Ohzawa: Piano Concerto no 2, Symphony no 2 / Yablonsky, Saranceva, et al
Dmitris Dragatakis: Complete Solo Piano Music / Lorend Ramou
Leonardo Balada: Maria Sabina, etc / Encinar, et al
The People United Will Never Be Defeated!
Simon Mayr: L'amor coniugale / Franklin, et al
Rautavaara: Symphony no 8 / Inkinen, New Zealand Symphony
Purcell: Theatre Music, Vol 1 / Mallon, Aradia Ensemble
Works DetailsWheeler, Scott : The Construction of Boston, for orchestra
- Performers: Sharla Nafziger (Soprano); Marcus DeLoach; Christòpheren Nomura; Christine Swistro; Krista River (Mezzo Soprano); Charles Blandy (Tenor); William Hite (Tenor)
- Conductor: Donald Teeters
- Ensemble: Boston Cecilia Chorus
- Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary