- Malin Hartelius (Soprano)
- Christian Gerhaher (Baritone)
- Rebecca Martin
- Gerald Hauáler
- Christoph Strehl (Tenor)
- Werner Güra (Tenor)
- Dorothea Röschmann (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
'Das Paradies und die Peri' tells the story of the Peri, a creature from Persian and Islamic mythology. She has been expelled from Paradise and tries to regain entrance by giving the gift that is most dear to heaven. Eventually, the Peri is admitted after bringing a tear from the cheek of a repentant old sinner who has been moved by a child praying. This live recording of the rarely recorded Schumann oratorio is from the critically acclaimed German conductor Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsSchumann, Robert : Das Paradies und die Peri (Paradise and the Peri), for soloists, chorus & orchestra, Op. 50
- Performers: Rebecca Martin; Dorothea Röschmann (Soprano); Gerald Hauáler; Christoph Strehl (Tenor); Malin Hartelius (Soprano); Werner Güra (Tenor); Christian Gerhaher (Baritone)
- Conductor: Nikolaus Harnoncourt
- Ensemble: Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Herkulessaal, Munich, Germany (10/18/2005-10/22/2005)
- Running Time: 95 min. 36 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1843