- Earl, D. — Cello Sonata: I. Lento pensivo - Allegro energico
- Earl, D. — Cello Sonata: II. Moderato assai $0.99 on iTunes
- Earl, D. — Cello Sonata: III. Elegaico
- Earl, D. — Piano Suite No. 3, "Mandalas": I. Maestoso (…vajras) $0.99 on iTunes
- Earl, D. — Piano Suite No. 3, "Mandalas": II. Quasi allegro (…flames) $0.99 on iTunes
- Earl, D. — Piano Suite No. 3, "Mandalas": III. Lento tranquillo (…lotuses) $0.99 on iTunes
- Earl, D. — Piano Suite No. 3, "Mandalas": IV. Adagio ma non troppo (…a mandala of the Five Archetypal Buddhas)
Notes & Reviews:
It is important to point out that the South African-born London composer David Earl followed eight years of preparation and study in order to be ordained, in 2001, into the Western Buddhist Order, receiving the name Akashadeva ("deity of etheric space"). These beliefs help form his aesthetic and ideological approaches to composition. Both a pianist and composer, his concerto repertoire includes many of the core works, as well as British music of the 20th century. His own output includes several ballets, concertos and chamber music. The Cello Sonata is a predominantly inward-looking work, and the Suite's subtitle refers to the Buddhist tradition in which mandalas are devotional images consisting of symmetrical patterns, which are said to exist for the benefit of sentient beings – informing, protecting and enlightening.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Tiziano Bedetti: Piano Works - Studies, Variations
Fasch: Ouverture grosso in D major, etc / Roberts, Stone, Ngai, Tempesta di Mare
Grappling with Glamur - Gunnar Sveinsson / Ivarsson, Brilling
Seth Bingham: Organ Works Vol 1 - Pastoral Psalms Op 30, etc / Christopher Marks
Nunes, Kelterborn: Works for Piano / Siang Wong
Toch: Piano Quintet, Violin Sonata no 2, Burlesken, Impromptus, / Spectrum Concerts Berlin
American Classics - Heggie, Schwarz, Laitman / Mina Miller, Music of Remembrance
Saygun: Piano Music / Zeynep Üçbasaran
Spanish Classics - Blancafort: Complete Piano Music Vol 4 / Miquel Villalba
Works DetailsEarl, David : Sonata for cello & piano
- Performers: George Corbett (Cello); James Sherlock (Piano)
- Notes: Trinity College Chapel, Cambridge, England (07/18/2006-07/20/2006)
- Running Time: 29 min. 28 sec.
Earl, David : Piano Suite no 3 ("Mandalas")
- Performer: David Earl (Piano)
- Notes: Trinity College Chapel, Cambridge, England (07/06/2006-07/07/2006)
- Running Time: 28 min. 38 sec.