- Michel Roux (Bass Baritone)
- Vivette Barthelemy (Soprano)
- Nicola Filacuridi (Tenor)
- Jean-Christophe Benoit (Baritone)
- Janette Vivalda (Soprano)
- Robert Geay (Bass)
- Daniel Marty (Baritone)
- Michel Hamel (Tenor)
- Irčne Sicot (Voice)
- Jean Madeira (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
This Carmen continues the Preiser paperback series: no libretto and scant notes, but great historic performances at a budget price. Jean Madeira, the Carmen of this recording, first sang the role in 1956 at the Met and went on to perform it no less than 200 times at various opera houses all over the world. A coal-miner's daughter, Illinois-born Madeira first studied piano, but switched to voice and went on to study at Juilliard, becoming a member of the Met shortly after her graduation. Her interpretation of Carmen is widely hailed as outstanding. Ms. Madeira died in 1972.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBizet, Georges : Carmen, opera
- Performers: Nicola Filacuridi (Tenor); Jean-Christophe Benoit (Baritone); Janette Vivalda (Soprano); Robert Geay (Bass); Daniel Marty (Baritone); Michel Hamel (Tenor); Irène Sicot (Voice); Jean Madeira (Mezzo Soprano); Michel Roux (Bass Baritone); Vivette Barthelemy (Soprano)
- Conductor: Pierre Dervaux
- Ensemble: Pasdeloup Concert Association Orchestra
- Running Time: 117 min. 15 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Written: 1873-1874
- Studio/Live: Live