1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: The Symphonies / Sir Georg Solti, Chicago SO

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, overture, Op. 72c
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
>Word, Spoken : Sir Georg Solti in conversation with William Mann
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Recorded between 1972 and 1974 with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra this is Sir Georg Solti's first complete Beethoven cycle. Included is a bonus CD with a 50-minute discussion between Solti and the celebrated writer and musicologist William Mann.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 25 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 36 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 54 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 8 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 8 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 35 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 36 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 44 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fidelio, overture, Op. 72c
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 13 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1814

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 41 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 27 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Performers: Stuart Burrows (Tenor); Pilar Lorengar; Yvonne Minton; Martti Talvela (Bass)
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 75 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824

>Word, Spoken : Sir Georg Solti in conversation with William Mann
  • Running Time: 4 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic