- Bruckner, A. — Symphony No. 4 In e Flat Major, WAB 104, "Romantic": I. Bewegt, Nicht Zu Schnell
- Bruckner, A. — Symphony No. 4 In e Flat Major, WAB 104, "Romantic": II. Andante Quasi Allegretto
- Bruckner, A. — Symphony No. 4 In e Flat Major, WAB 104, "Romantic": III. Scherzo: Bewegt
- Bruckner, A. — Symphony No. 4 In e Flat Major, WAB 104, "Romantic": IV. Finale: Bewegt, Doch Nicht Zu Schnell
Notes & Reviews:
This is the third recording of a Bruckner's Symphony by Roger Norrington for Hanssler. A new performing edition edited by Norrington was used, correcting numerous errors and clarifying the composer's tempo and metronome markings.
The orchestral playing is dynamic and bracing. Had Wagner's Siegfried been blessed with a brain, his journey might have sounded like this.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Bruckner: Symphony no 3 / Tintner, Royal Scottish NO
Villa-Lobos: Piano Music Vol 7 / Sonia Rubinsky
Oppens Plays Carter - The Complete Piano Music
Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Complete Music for Two Guitars Vol 1 / Brasil Guitar Duo
Blake: Violin Sonata, Piano Quartet, etc / Mitchell, Blake, Essex, et al
Bruckner: String Quintet in F major, String Quartet in C minor, etc / Fine Arts String Quartet, et al
Reznicek: Symphony no 1 "Tragic", etc / Beerman, Prudenskaja, Brandenburg State Orchestra Frankfurt
Rautavaara: The 8 Symphonies
Bruckner: Symphony no 6 / Norrington, et al
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 4 in E flat major, WAB 104 "Romantic"
- Conductor: Roger Norrington
- Ensemble: Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Stuttgart, Liederhalle, Beethovensaal (04/26/2007-04/27/2007)
- Running Time: 60 min. 32 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1874-1888