1 800 222 6872

Grainger: Lincolnshire Posy, etc / Junkin, Dallas Wind Symphony

Album Summary

>Grainger, Percy : The Duke of Marlborough Fanfare, for brass band (BFMS 36)
>Grainger, Percy : Lincolnshire Posy
>Grainger, Percy : The Merry King, folk song for 10 or more strings or winds or both & piano with organ ad lib. (BFMS 3
>Grainger, Percy : Children's March (Over the Hills and Far Away), folk song for piano & military band (RMTB 4)
>Grainger, Percy : Colonial Song, for military band (Sentimental no 1)
>Grainger, Percy : Mock Morris (Always Merry and Bright), for 2 pianos
>Grainger, Percy : The Gum-Suckers' March
>Grainger, Percy : Molly on the Shore, folk song for military band (BFMS 23)
>Grainger, Percy : Spoon River, folk song for band
>Grainger, Percy : After-word, for unison chorus & piano (or brass ensemble) (Sentimental no 3)
>Grainger, Percy : The Lads of Wamphray March, for wind band
>Grainger, Percy : Irish Tune from County Derry (Londonderry Air), folk song for military band & organ (BFMS 20)
>Grainger, Percy : Shepherd's Hey!, folk song for military band (BFMS 21)
Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"If one is looking for a single disc of Percy Grainger's wind band music that contains a good amount of his "hits" in addition to some surprises, in great sound and well played, then you can hardly go wrong with Reference Recordings' 'Lincolnshire Posy: Music for Band by Percy Grainger'; it's terrific in every way." -All Music Guide

"Played with appropriate gusto but also, where required, delicacy of spirit by the Dallas Wind Symphony under Jerry Junkin." -MusicWeb International



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Grainger, Percy : The Duke of Marlborough Fanfare, for brass band (BFMS 36)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Grainger, Percy : Lincolnshire Posy
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905-1937

>Grainger, Percy : The Merry King, folk song for 10 or more strings or winds or both & piano with organ ad lib. (BFMS 3
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905-1939

>Grainger, Percy : Children's March (Over the Hills and Far Away), folk song for piano & military band (RMTB 4)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1916-1918

>Grainger, Percy : Colonial Song, for military band (Sentimental no 1)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1905-1918

>Grainger, Percy : Mock Morris (Always Merry and Bright), for 2 pianos
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/19/1910

>Grainger, Percy : The Gum-Suckers' March :: edited by Rogers and by Kreines)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1905-1914

>Grainger, Percy : Molly on the Shore, folk song for military band (BFMS 23)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1907-1920

>Grainger, Percy : Spoon River, folk song for band
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1919-1941

>Grainger, Percy : After-word, for unison chorus & piano (or brass ensemble) (Sentimental no 3)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1910-1911

>Grainger, Percy : The Lads of Wamphray March, for wind band
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1904-1938

>Grainger, Percy : Irish Tune from County Derry (Londonderry Air), folk song for military band & organ (BFMS 20)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902-1911

>Grainger, Percy : Shepherd's Hey!, folk song for military band (BFMS 21)
  • Conductor: Jerry Junkin
  • Ensemble: Dallas Wind Symphony
  • Notes: Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX (08/23/2008-08/24/2008)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1908-1918