1 800 222 6872

De Profundis - Bach, Bruhns, Buxtehude, Tunder / Pierlot, MacLeod, Fernandez, Ricercar Consort

Album Summary

>Bruhns, Nicolaus : De Profundis Clamavi, sacred concerto for voice, 2 violins & continuo
>Bruhns, Nicolaus : Der Herr Hat Seinen Stuhl, sacred concerto for voice, strings, bassoon & continuo
>Becker, Dietrich : Pavan a 5, for ensemble
>Tunder, Franz : O Jesu dulcissime, motet for bass, 2 violins & continuo
>Tunder, Franz : Da mihi, Domine, for bass, 5 strings & continuo
>Becker, Dietrich : Sonata a 3 for cornetto, violin, dulcian & continuo
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Ich bin eine Blume zu Saron, for bass, 2 violins, violone & continuo, BuxWV 45
>Bach, Johann Christoph : Wie bist du denn, O Gott, vocal concerto
Performer Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

In the late seventeenth century, religious music enjoyed a true golden age in north Germany. Although the outstanding works of Buxtehude are better-known today, those of his father in law Franz Tunder and his pupil Nikolaus Bruhns display the same exceptional creative fervor. This program of sacred music for bass voice is bathed in an atmosphere of intense devotion, sometimes tender, sometimes heart-rending. Swiss Bass Stephan MacLeod can be heard on over 35 CDs, of which many have received important awards.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bruhns, Nicolaus : De Profundis Clamavi, sacred concerto for voice, 2 violins & continuo
  • Performer: Stephan MacLeod (Bass)
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 12 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1690s

>Bruhns, Nicolaus : Der Herr Hat Seinen Stuhl, sacred concerto for voice, strings, bassoon & continuo
  • Performer: Stephan MacLeod (Bass)
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 7 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto

>Becker, Dietrich : Pavan à 5, for ensemble
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 4 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : O Jesu dulcissime, motet for bass, 2 violins & continuo
  • Performer: Stephan MacLeod (Bass)
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 6 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Tunder, Franz : Da mihi, Domine, for bass, 5 strings & continuo
  • Performer: Stephan MacLeod (Bass)
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 8 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Becker, Dietrich : Sonata à 3 for cornetto, violin, dulcian & continuo
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 5 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Ich bin eine Blume zu Saron, for bass, 2 violins, violone & continuo, BuxWV 45
  • Performer: Stephan MacLeod (Bass)
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 8 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bach, Johann Christoph : Wie bist du denn, O Gott, vocal concerto
  • Performer: Stephan MacLeod (Bass)
  • Conductor: Philippe Pierlot
  • Ensemble: Ricercar Consort
  • Running Time: 11 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto