Marais, Sainte-Colombe: Pièces de viole; Hotteterre, Telemann / Cheatham, Léonard, Sempé

Album Summary

>Marais, Marin : Prelude, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 123)
>Marais, Marin : Fantaisie et double, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 124-12
>Marais, Marin : Allemande, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 126)
>Marais, Marin : Courante, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 127)
>Marais, Marin : Saraband Grave, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 128)
>Marais, Marin : Gigue, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 129)
>Marais, Marin : Rondeau, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 130)
>Marais, Marin : Menuets (2), for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pieces de viole, Book III, Nos. 132-133)
>Sainte-Colombe, Jean de : Concert for 2 equal bass viols no 48 in G minor ("Le raporte")
>Marais, Marin : Prelude, for viola da gamba & continuo in G minor (Pieces de viole, Book V, no 63)
>Marais, Marin : Pièces de viole, Book 5
>Marais, Marin : Gigue la Pagode, for viola da gamba & continuo in G minor (Pieces de viole, Book V, no 67)
>Marais, Marin : Sarabande, for viola da gamba & continuo in G minor (Pieces de viole, Book V, no 66)
>Marais, Marin : Prelude, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 92)
>Marais, Marin : Allemande la Magnifique et double, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book I
>Marais, Marin : Courante, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 98)
>Marais, Marin : Sarabande Grave, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 99)
>Marais, Marin : Gigue a l'angloise, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book III, no 100)
>Marais, Marin : Gigue la Precieuse, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book V, no 77)
>Marais, Marin : Le Jeu du volant, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book V, no 87)
>Marais, Marin : Chaconne, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pieces de viole, Book V, no 83)
>Marais, Marin : Sarabande, for 2 violas da gamba & continuo in D minor (Pieces de viole, Book I, no 69)
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

In his first solo recording, Josh Cheatham demonstrates that a new generation of performers on the viola da gamba is ready to flourish. Launching directly into virtuoso repertoire of Marais and Sainte-Colombe, Cheatham, Julien Leonard, and Skip Sempe possess a mastery and panache that allows them to convey the singular warmth of the viola da gamba sound with uncommon expressivity. Free bonus DVD included, with additional pieces by Marais, Hotteterre, and Telemann.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Marais, Marin : Prélude, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 123)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Fantaisie et double, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 124-12
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Allemande, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 126)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Courante, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 127)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Saraband Grave, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 128)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 3 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Gigue, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 129)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Rondeau, for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 130)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Menuets (2), for viola da gamba & continuo in C minor (Pièces de viole, Book III, Nos. 132-133) :: Men
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Sainte-Colombe, Jean de : Concert for 2 equal bass viols no 48 in G minor ("Le raporté")
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Prélude, for viola da gamba & continuo in G minor (Pièces de viole, Book V, no 63)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Pièces de viole, Book 5
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Gigue la Pagode, for viola da gamba & continuo in G minor (Pièces de viole, Book V, no 67)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Sarabande, for viola da gamba & continuo in G minor (Pièces de viole, Book V, no 66)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Prélude, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 92)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Allemande la Magnifique et double, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book I
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Courante, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 98)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Sarabande Grave, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 99)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Gigue a l'angloise, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book III, no 100)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Gigue la Precieuse, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book V, no 77)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Le Jeu du volant, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book V, no 87)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Chaconne, for viola da gamba & continuo in G major (Pièces de viole, Book V, no 83)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin : Sarabande, for 2 violas da gamba & continuo in D minor (Pièces de viole, Book I, no 69)
  • Performers: Joshua Cheatham (Viola da gamba); Skip Sempe (Harpsichord); Julien Léonard
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque