- Shostakovich — Symphony No. 11 In G Minor, Op. 103, "The Year 1905": I. the Palace Square -
- Shostakovich — Symphony No. 11 In G Minor, Op. 103, "The Year 1905": II. the 9th of January -
- Shostakovich — Symphony No. 11 In G Minor, Op. 103, "The Year 1905": III. In Memoriam -
- Shostakovich — Symphony No. 11 In G Minor, Op. 103, "The Year 1905": IV. the Tocsin
Notes & Reviews:
"Paired as before with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Petrenko turns in a full-scale riot of a performance that is yet tightly controlled and cogently argued. Said to depict the failed revolution of 1905, Shostakovich's Eleventh is not often treated with the respect it deserves, except, of course, by Yevgeny Mravinsky, the greatest of Shostakovich conductors whose two accounts have been deemed the most searing on record. Until now: Petrenko respects the composer's score and his intentions by unleashing a performance of staggering immediacy and violence, a virtuoso performance of immense drama, enormous tragedy, and overwhelming power. Recorded in extraordinarily vivid digital sound, this disc deserves to be heard by anyone who admires Shostakovich's music." -All Music Guide
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphonies no 5 and 9 / Vasily Petrenko
Shostakovich: Symphony No. 8
Ries: Piano Concertos Vol 3 / Hinterhuber, Grodd, Royal Liverpool PO
American Classics - Jones: Tuba Concerto, etc / Schwarz, Olka, et al
Szymanowski: Harnasie Op 55, Mandragora Op 43, etc / Wit, et al
Shostakovich: Symphony No. 10
Bajoras: Symphony-Diptych, Violin Concerto, Exodus no 1 / Rinkevicius, Mataityte, et al
Shostakovich: Symphonies Nos. 1 & 3 / Petrenko
Shostakovich: Symphonies Nos. 2 "To October" & 15 / Vasily Petrenko
Works DetailsShostakovich, Dmitri : Symphony no 11 in G minor, Op. 103 "Year 1905"
- Conductor: Vasily Petrenko
- Ensemble: Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool, Lancashire, England (04/22/2008-04/23/2008)
- Running Time: 57 min. 33 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1957