1 800 222 6872

Bach Greatest Hits

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in D minor, BWV Suppl. 114
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musette in D major, BWV Anhung 126
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Bist du bei mir, aria arranged for voice & continuo (after Gottfried Stölzel), BWV 508
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March for keyboard in D major (by CPE Bach, not JSB; Anna Magdalena Clavier-Büchlein no 2/16), BWV
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A flat major, BWV 862 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 3 in G minor, BWV 808
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 82, "Ich habe genug" BWV 82
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : In dulci jubilo (IV), chorale prelude for organ (by Johann Micheal Bach, not J.S.), BWV 751
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott (I), chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 302 (BC F53.1)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in D minor, BWV 1052
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fugue for organ in G minor ("Little"), BWV 578 (BC J66)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto, for solo keyboard in F major (Clavier-Übung II/1), BWV 971 (BC L7)
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002 :: Preludio
  • Performer: Hilary Hahn (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Air on the G string
  • Performer: Vladimir Spivakov (Violin)
  • Ensemble: Moscow Virtuosi
  • Running Time: 5 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166) :: Sleepers Awake
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 11/25/1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in D minor, BWV Suppl. 114
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musette in D major, BWV Anhung 126
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Bist du bei mir, aria arranged for voice & continuo (after Gottfried Stölzel), BWV 508
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1722-1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March for keyboard in D major (by CPE Bach, not JSB; Anna Magdalena Clavier-Büchlein no 2/16), BWV
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A flat major, BWV 862 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 3 in G minor, BWV 808 :: Gavotte
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 82, "Ich habe genug" BWV 82 :: Aria
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 02/02/1727

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816 :: Gavotte
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1722.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major, BWV 816 :: Gigue
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1722.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Conductor: Esa-Pekka Salonen
  • Ensemble: Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 10 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 :: Badinerie
  • Performer: James Galway (Flute)
  • Conductor: James Galway
  • Ensemble: I Solisti di Zagreb
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : In dulci jubilo (IV), chorale prelude for organ (by Johann Micheal Bach, not J.S.), BWV 751
  • Performer: E. Biggs (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1695

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesu, joy of man's desiring
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Ensemble: Philadelphia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott (I), chorale setting for 4 voices, BWV 302 (BC F53.1)
  • Performer: E. Biggs (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Performers: Giuliano Carmignola (Violin); Angelika Kirchschlager
  • Conductor: Andrea Marcon
  • Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in D minor, BWV 1052 :: Sinfonia
  • Performer: Stefanie Haegele (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Andrea Marcon
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 01/23/1729

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fugue for organ in G minor ("Little"), BWV 578 (BC J66)
  • Ensemble: Canadian Brass
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1707

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047 :: 3. Allegro assai
  • Performers: Joel Timm (Oboe); Ruth Waterman (Violin); Mark Gould (Trumpet); Stephen Hammer (Recorder)
  • Conductor: Richard Kapp
  • Ensemble: Philharmonia Virtuosi
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto, for solo keyboard in F major (Clavier-Übung II/1), BWV 971 (BC L7) :: Presto
  • Performer: Peter Serkin (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1735.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1735