1 800 222 6872

Burke on Bach / Anthony Burke

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fugue for organ in G major, BWV 577 (BC J61)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schubler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Erbarm' dich mein, o Herre Gott, BWV 721
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for Organ no 1 in E flat major, BWV 525
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 547
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 538 "Dorian"
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Built in 1929 by Midmer-Losh, the organ heard on this CD has been restored and is played by Anthony Burke in the symphonic style of the leading 20th-century organists who were predominated by Virgil Fox.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068 :: Air on the G String
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fugue for organ in G major, BWV 577 (BC J61)
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1750

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Erbarm' dich mein, o Herre Gott, BWV 721
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1740

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Saint Matthew Passion, BWV 244
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesu bleibet meine Freude (Je
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for Organ no 1 in E flat major, BWV 525
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in C major, BWV 547
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 538 "Dorian"
  • Performer: Anthony Burke (Organ)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712-1717