- Leonore Kirschstein (Soprano)
- Elisabeth Söderström (Soprano)
- Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau (Voice)
- Karl Kohn (Voice)
- Donald Grobe (Tenor)
- Eberhard Katz (Tenor)
- Willi Nett (Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
The only recording ever made of this 20th-century masterpiece features the towering artistry of Fischer-Dieskau in the title role of a Renaissance goldsmith who murders his customers because he can't bear to let go of his creations. Available for the first time ever at mid-price, with newly translated German-English libretto!
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHindemith, Paul : Cardillac, opera, Op. 39
- Performers: Leonore Kirschstein (Soprano); Elisabeth Söderström (Soprano); Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau (Voice); Karl Kohn (Voice); Donald Grobe (Tenor); Eberhard Katz (Tenor); Willi Nett (Baritone)
- Conductor: Joseph Keilberth
- Ensemble: Cologne West German Radio Chorus
- Notes: Composition written: 1925-26.
- Running Time: 6 min. 1 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1925-1926
- Studio/Live: Live