- Monika Krause (Soprano)
- Claudia Zohm
- Andreas Petzoldt
- Bernhard Vetter
- Ursula Philippi (Organ)
- Reinhard Decker (Bass)
- Matthias Weichert (Bass)
- Annekathrin Laabs (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Old traditions of sacred music come to life on this recording premiere of Hans Peter Turk's 'Good Friday Passion' for soloists, choir, and organ. The origins of Turk's passion music may be traced to the village churches and fortified churches of his native Transylvania and their traditional performances of passion music. And yet his work is anything but simple. On the contrary, his music reflects early medieval polyphony, employs and expands the forms and figures of the baroque, avails itself of sharp dissonances, and subtly blurs the borders between language and music.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHans Peter Türk (1940 - ) : Transylvanian Passion music for Good Friday after the Evangelist St. Matthew, for 5 voices, chorus &
- Performers: Matthias Weichert (Bass); Annekathrin Laabs (Soprano); Monika Krause (Soprano); Claudia Zohm; Andreas Petzoldt; Bernhard Vetter; Ursula Philippi (Organ); Reinhard Decker (Bass)
- Conductor: Christfried Brödel
- Notes: Stadtkirche Burgstädt (04/18/2008-04/20/2008)
- Running Time: 59 min. 49 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary