- Pavlo Beznosiuk (Violin)
Notes & Reviews:
The British composer Charles Avison became acquainted with the music of Scarlatti through a production of his opera in London in 1720. He thought that Scarlatti might justly be ranked among the great masters of the age. Avison's concerto grossi are inspired by Scarlatti and some use material that he borrowed from "the great master." These concerti are rare gems from the 18th century and reinforce the notion that Avison was one of the most important concerto composers during that century.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsAvison, Charles : Concerti (12) for Strings after Domenico Scarlatti
- Performer: Pavlo Beznosiuk (Violin)
- Conductor: Pavlo Beznosiuk
- Ensemble: Avison Ensemble
- Notes: The Jubilee Theatre, St Nicholas' Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne (11/26/2007-11/30/2007)
- Running Time: 145 min. 9 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1744