- Angeles Gulin (Soprano)
- Carlo Millauro (Voice)
- Gianfranco Cecchele (Tenor)
- Alfredo Zanazzo (Bass)
- Marcello Munzi (Tenor)
- Licinio Montefusco (Baritone)
- Maria Minetto (Alto)
Notes & Reviews:
Few recordings exist of the sensational artistry of Spanish soprano Angeles Gulin (1939–2002), whose enormous, dark voice was said to have set the crystal chandeliers rattling at La Fenice in Venice. The only significant opera recordings are this Verdi rarity (1975) and its source, the earlier 'Stiffelio'. When Verdi revised the latter in 1857 with a new story, he added much excellent new music. This is the only mid-price recording available, with newly translated libretto.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : Aroldo
- Performers: Angeles Gulin (Soprano); Carlo Millauro (Voice); Gianfranco Cecchele (Tenor); Alfredo Zanazzo (Bass); Marcello Munzi (Tenor); Licinio Montefusco (Baritone); Maria Minetto (Alto)
- Conductor: Maurizio Rinaldi
- Ensemble: Italian Radio Symphony Orchestra Milan
- Running Time: 103 min. 37 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1857
- Studio/Live: Live