1 800 222 6872

Reger: Organ Works Vol 9 / Josef Still

Album Summary

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Variations and Fugue on "Heil dir im Siegerkranz" ("God Save the King") for organ
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Rhapsody for organ in C sharp minor, Op. 65/1
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Capriccio for organ in G major, Op. 65/2
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Pastorale for organ in A major, Op. 65/3
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Consolation for organ in E major, Op. 65/4
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Improvisation for organ in A minor, Op. 65/5
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Fugue for organ in A minor, Op. 65/6
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Es kommt ein Schiff geladen")
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Wie schon leuchtet der Morgenstern"), Op. 67/51
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("O Haupt voll Blut und Wunden"), Op. 135a/21
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("O Traurigkeit, o Herzeleid")
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Christ ist erstanden von dem Tod")
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Komm susser Tod")
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Fantasia for organ ("Straf' mich nicht in deinem Zorn"), Op. 40/2
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Max Reger is regarded by many as the greatest German composer of organ music since Bach. On this ninth volume in Naxos' series, Josef Still, whose performances on Volume 4 were acclaimed as "note perfect, lucid, flamboyant and sensitive in equal measure and utterly compelling" by the Gramophone, returns with another fascinating recital. The magisterial 'Variations and Fugue' and 'Chorale Fantasia' that flank other sacred and secular pieces on this disc musically embody Reger's famous remark, "Other people write fugues - I live inside them."



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Variations and Fugue on "Heil dir im Siegerkranz" ("God Save the King") for organ
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Rhapsody for organ in C sharp minor, Op. 65/1
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/20/1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Capriccio for organ in G major, Op. 65/2
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/20/1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Pastorale for organ in A major, Op. 65/3
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/20/1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Consolation for organ in E major, Op. 65/4
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/20/1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Improvisation for organ in A minor, Op. 65/5
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/20/1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Fugue for organ in A minor, Op. 65/6
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 05/20/1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Es kommt ein Schiff geladen")
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1905

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern"), Op. 67/51
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("O Haupt voll Blut und Wunden"), Op. 135a/21
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1914

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("O Traurigkeit, o Herzeleid")
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 12/1893

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Christ ist erstanden von dem Tod")
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?03/1901

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Prelude for organ ("Komm susser Tod")
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?1894

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Chorale Fantasia for organ ("Straf' mich nicht in deinem Zorn"), Op. 40/2
  • Performer: Josef Still (Organ)
  • Notes: Trier Cathedral, Germany (06/23/2008-06/25/2008)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1899