- Judith Spiesser (Soprano)
- Cornelia Horak (Soprano)
- Susanne Bernhard
- Franz Hauk (Harpsichord)
- Margriet Buchberger (Soprano)
- Stefanie Irányi
Notes & Reviews:
One of the most important composers of opera and sacred music between Mozart and Rossini, and Donizetti's teacher, Johann Simon Mayr also composed several major oratorios, including 'David' and 'The Marriage of Tobias'. Like Haydn's more famous 'Il Ritorno di Tobia', Mayr's work recounts how the archangel Raphael miraculously helps the boy Tobias to cure his aged father's blindness. Conductor Franz Hauk prepared the performing edition for this exciting new recording.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMayr, Simon : The Marriage of Tobias, opera
- Performers: Judith Spiesser (Soprano); Cornelia Horak (Soprano); Susanne Bernhard; Stefanie Irányi; Franz Hauk (Harpsichord); Margriet Buchberger (Soprano)
- Ensemble: Simon Mayr Ensemble
- Notes: Asamkirche Maria de Victoria, Ingolstadt, Germany (07/14/2007-07/18/2007)
- Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic