- Mario Rossetti (Baritone)
- Mirella Freni (Soprano)
- Giangiacomo Guelfi (Baritone)
- Norma Palmieri (Soprano)
- Giulietta Simionato (Mezzo Soprano)
- Franco Corelli (Tenor)
- Loretta Di Lelio (Soprano)
- Enzo Viaro (Bass)
- Guido Malfatti (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
This CD features an exceptional vocal cast: Franco Corelli is at the top of his performance; Giulietta Simionato is wonderful and sensual and Mirella Freni is here at her debut, the latter performer is in the full mastery of her extraordinary vocal gifts which would have allowed her to become one of the most respected and beloved singer by audiences in latter times. The desperate passion, the cynicism, and the ever-looming shadow of death are told with a smoothness and simplicity of former times, which today Opera theatres seem to have lost.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBizet, Georges : Carmen, opera
- Performers: Mario Rossetti (Baritone); Mirella Freni (Soprano); Giangiacomo Guelfi (Baritone); Norma Palmieri (Soprano); Giulietta Simionato (Mezzo Soprano); Franco Corelli (Tenor); Loretta Di Lelio (Soprano); Enzo Viaro (Bass); Guido Malfatti (Bass)
- Conductor: Pierre Dervaux
- Ensemble: Palermo Teatro Massimo Chorus
- Running Time: 143 min. 40 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1873-1874
- Language: Italian
- Studio/Live: Studio