1 800 222 6872

Bach: Chamber Music for Flute & Musical Offering / Jed Wentz, Michael Borgstede

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Flute solo in A minor, BWV 1013
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in B minor, BWV 1030
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1032
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, BWV 1034
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E major, BWV 1035
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord in G major, BWV 1038
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for 2 Flutes and Basso Continuo in G major, BWV 1039
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musical Offering, BWV 1079
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

A fresh take on J.S. Bach led by Jed Wentz, a founder of the ensemble Musica ad Rhenum. This ensemble aims to perform music of the baroque period implementing the basso continuo styles and tempi indicated in 18th century source material. While doing so they defend the performer's right to be equal to the composer when interpreting and realizing the score. This makes for an exciting experience, far removed from dry, academic interpretations of the music. Wentz writes "All I can say about this recording is that it is a true and honest reflection of how I felt these pieces should be performed on the day I recorded them. About some of them I have already changed my mind as my own taste revolves with the times: of Bach's wishes I know as little as anyone else."



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Flute solo in A minor, BWV 1013
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: ?1720s

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in B minor, BWV 1030
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: ?1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1032
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: ?1724

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, BWV 1034
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1717-1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E major, BWV 1035
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717-1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord in G major, BWV 1038
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1732-1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for 2 Flutes and Basso Continuo in G major, BWV 1039
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: circa 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musical Offering, BWV 1079
  • Performers: Michael Borgstede (Harpsichord); Jed Wentz (Flute)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1747