- Brahms — 5 Lieder, Op. 41: No. 1, Ich schwing mein Horn ins Jammertal $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — 4 Gesange, Op. 17: No. 1, Es tont ein voller Harfenklang $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — 5 Gesange, Op. 104: No. 1, Nachtwache I $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — 13 Canons, Op. 113: No. 13, Einformig ist der Liebe Gram $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Gesang der Parzen, Op. 89
- Brahms — Symphony No. 3 in F Major, Op. 90: I. Allegro con brio - Un poco sostenuto
- Brahms — Symphony No. 3 in F Major, Op. 90: II. Andante $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Symphony No. 3 in F Major, Op. 90: III. Poco allegretto $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Symphony No. 3 in F Major, Op. 90: IV. Allegro - Un poco sostenuto $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Nanie, Op. 82
Notes & Reviews:
Soli Deo Gloria is proud to release the third installment in their successful Brahms Symphony series featuring John Eliot Gardiner and his Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique. The recordings from this series are drawn from Gardiner's two-year Brahms and his Antecedents project, which not only celebrated Brahms the composer, but traced the roots from which Brahms drew his creative inspiration. No other composer of the 19th century had such a close and informed relationship to music of the past and for this reason, great choral works by composers as varied as Bach, Schutz and Mendelssohn are performed alongside Brahms' compositions.
”This is Brahms the heroic- a tough and determined Brahms. It most decidedly works as an interpretive stanceit has decidedly expanded my perceptions of the potential of the musicthis is highly recommended.”-Fanfare
BBC Music Magazine
Urgent, magnificently angry... This is Gardiner at his penetrating, combative best, making contact with the music's heartbeat in a way that sounds both radical and natural...
Taking up more than half the disc, the choral items are its obvious glory... Gardiner sets his face against anything that could be construed as false consolation. In his element in Song of the Fates, he gives the sublime NSnie an unusually taut, sharp-edged feel.
This period instrument interpretation for Brahms 3 will be a surprise to many. Once you've adjusted though, the enjoyment to be gained from this superbly performed disc (... ) is enormous.
Classic FM Magazine
It's hard to under-emphasise the lift Gardiner's historically informed performance has given to Brahms's Third Symphony.
Charlotte Gardner, bbc.co.uk
Throughout, there's the satisfying phrasing that Gardiner excels in, with melodic lines and their accompaniments shifting and undulating to a satisfying degree...Riveting, enlightening and enjoyable in equal measure.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!