- Helena Tattermuschova (Voice)
- Antonin Votava (Tenor)
- Jaroslava Vymazalova
- Karel Berman (Bass)
- Jindrich Jindrak (Voice)
- Nadezda Kniplova (Soprano)
- Zdenek Kroupa (Bass)
- Milada Subrtova (Soprano)
- Václav Bednáf
- Ivo Zídek
Notes & Reviews:
The opera Libuse occupies a unique position in Czech national culture. Smetana composed it as a festive opera to be performed on occasions celebrating the Czech Nation. The first such was the opening of the National Theatre in Prague in 1881, when the work was premiered. Supraphon now supplements its previous recordings of the opera with a hitherto unreleased on CD older studio recording from 1965, when under Jaroslav Krombholc the lead role was rendered by Nadezda Kniplova. The re-edition of this recording is part of the new Supraphon series titled Czech Opera Treasures, which aims to present recordings of complete operas not previously released on CD.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Smetana: The Kiss / Chalabala, Kalas, Cervinkova, et al
Respighi: Church Windows; Brazilian Impressions / Geoffrey Simon, Philharmonia Orch.
Shostakovich: Symphony no 11 'The Year 1905' / Petrenko, Royal Liverpool PO
Handel: Faramondo / Fasolis, Cencic, Jaroussky, Sabata, Wey, et al
Verdi: Otello / Ros-Marba/Gran Teatre del Liceu, Jose Cura, Krassimira Stoyamova, Lado Ataneli, Vittorio Grigolo [2 DVD]
Strauss: Das Spitzentuch der Königin / Theis, Stefanoff, Glatte, Kottmair, et al
Smetana: Piano Works / Jitka Cechova
Bruch: Violin Concertos no 2 & 3 / Fedotov, Yablonsky, et al
Spohr: Violin Concerti 6, 8, 11 / Gallois, Lamsma, et al
Works DetailsSmetana, Bedrich : Libuse :: 102
- Performers: Václav Bednáf; Karel Berman (Bass); Jindrich Jindrak (Voice); Nadezda Kniplova (Soprano); Zdenek Kroupa (Bass); Milada Subrtova (Soprano); Helena Tattermuschova (Voice); Antonin Votava (Tenor); Jaroslava Vymazalova; Ivo Zídek
- Conductor: Jaroslav Krombholc
- Ensemble: Prague National Theatre Orchestra
- Notes: Domovina Studio, Prague, Czech Republic (11/09/1965-12/10/1965)
- Running Time: 8 min. 24 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1869-1872