1 800 222 6872

Chopin: Polonaises / Folke Nauta

Album Summary

>Chopin, Frédéric : Andante spianato et Grand polonaise brillante in E flat major, Op. 22
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 1 in C sharp minor, Op. 26/1, CT. 150
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 2 in E flat minor, Op. 26/2, CT. 151
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 3 in A major ("Military"), Op. 40/1, CT. 152
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 4 in C minor, Op. 40/2, CT. 153
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 44, CT. 154
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 6 in A flat major ("Héroique"), Op. 53, CT. 155
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise-fantasy for piano no 7 in A flat major, Op. 61, CT. 156
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The Polonaise was a peasant dance from Poland that gained popularity in the early 18th century among composers and high society. Chopin grew up with polonaise and other forms of traditional Polish music and the business of writing and publishing sets of polonaises was a lucrative one. Chopin's genius took the simple tunes of the Polonaise and allowed him to create large-scale complex and dramatic works with myriad emotions. In many ways they captured the Polish spirit which remained defiantly unbroken. This recording was made in 1998. Folke Nauta was born in 1973 and has won many prizes in key competitions around Europe, and has recorded several CDs.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Chopin, Frédéric : Andante spianato et Grand polonaise brillante in E flat major, Op. 22
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 1 in C sharp minor, Op. 26/1, CT. 150
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 2 in E flat minor, Op. 26/2, CT. 151
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 3 in A major ("Military"), Op. 40/1, CT. 152
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 4 in C minor, Op. 40/2, CT. 153
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 44, CT. 154
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 6 in A flat major ("Héroique"), Op. 53, CT. 155
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 7 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1843

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise-fantasy for piano no 7 in A flat major, Op. 61, CT. 156
  • Performer: Folke Nauta (Piano)
  • Notes: Rotterdam Conservatorium (06/21/1998/09/11/1998)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846