1 800 222 6872

Baroque Trombone - Castello, Speer, Frescobaldi, et al

Album Summary

>Castello, Dario : Sonata quinta, for 2 instruments & continuo no 5 in C major (Sonata Concertate I/5)
>Castello, Dario : Sonata duodicesima, for 3 instruments & continuo no 12 in A minor (Sonata Concertate I/12)
>Anonymous : Sonata for trombone & organ
>Speer, Daniel : Sonata à 3 and Gigue
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : In partitura, il primo libro della canzoni ... no 5, basso solo, "detta la Tromboncina", for instru
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il primo libro delle canzoni
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : In partitura, il primo libro della canzoni ... no 7, basso solo, "detta la Tuccina" (la Superba), f
>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : In partitura, il primo libro della canzoni ... no 8, basso solo, "detta l'Ambitsiosa", for instrume
>Biber, Heinrich Ignaz : Sonata à 3, for 2 violins, trombone & continuo in D minor, C. App117 (attribution uncertain)
>Castello, Dario : Sonata quarta, for 2 instruments & continuo no 4 in A minor (Sonata Concertate I/4)
>Cesare, Giovanni Martino : La Hieronyma
>Bertali, Antonio : Sonata à 3, for 2 violins, trombone & continuo
Performers Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Gramophone Magazine
Some of these pieces are not specifically scores for sackbut but Lindberg's virtuosity is such that you would not want to deny him the opportunity to cut loose in them. ... expert performances from all concerned.

BBC Music Magazine
There is no questioning Lindberg's nimble articulation or feeling for the music...The members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra...provide responsive and charming accompaniments and the programming is nicely balanced.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Eugene Goossens Hall, ABC Centre, Sydney, Australia (09/2007).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Castello, Dario : Sonata quinta, for 2 instruments & continuo no 5 in C major (Sonata Concertate I/5)
  • Performer: Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Ensemble: Members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra (Membe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1621

>Castello, Dario : Sonata duodicesima, for 3 instruments & continuo no 12 in A minor (Sonata Concertate I/12)
  • Performer: Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Ensemble: Members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra (Membe
  • Running Time: 7 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1621

>Anonymous : Sonata for trombone & organ
  • Performers: Neal Costa (Harpsichord); Neal Costa (Organ); Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 22 sec.

>Speer, Daniel : Sonata à 3 and Gigue :: Sonata à 3
  • Performer: Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Ensemble: Members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra (Membe
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Speer, Daniel : Sonata à 3 and Gigue :: Gigue
  • Performer: Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Ensemble: Members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra (Membe
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : In partitura, il primo libro della canzoni ... no 5, basso solo, "detta la Tromboncina", for instru
  • Performers: Neal Costa (Harpsichord); Neal Costa (Organ); Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : Il primo libro delle canzoni
  • Performers: Neal Costa (Harpsichord); Neal Costa (Organ); Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : In partitura, il primo libro della canzoni ... no 7, basso solo, "detta la Tuccina" (la Superba), f
  • Performers: Neal Costa (Harpsichord); Neal Costa (Organ); Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Frescobaldi, Girolamo : In partitura, il primo libro della canzoni ... no 8, basso solo, "detta l'Ambitsiosa", for instrume
  • Performers: Neal Costa (Harpsichord); Neal Costa (Organ); Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Biber, Heinrich Ignaz : Sonata à 3, for 2 violins, trombone & continuo in D minor, C. App117 (attribution uncertain)
  • Performer: Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Ensemble: Members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra (Membe
  • Running Time: 6 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1679-1680

>Castello, Dario : Sonata quarta, for 2 instruments & continuo no 4 in A minor (Sonata Concertate I/4)
  • Performer: Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Ensemble: Members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra (Membe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1621

>Cesare, Giovanni Martino : La Hieronyma
  • Performers: Neal Costa (Harpsichord); Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bertali, Antonio : Sonata à 3, for 2 violins, trombone & continuo
  • Performer: Christian Lindberg (Trombone)
  • Ensemble: Members of the Australian Chamber Orchestra (Membe
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque