1 800 222 6872

Impressions of Christmas - Musical Footsteps in the Snow

Audio Samples

>Chilcott, Robert : The Time of Snow, for chorus & piano
>Debussy, Claude : Préludes, Book 1
>Goss, John : See Amid the Winter's Snow, for chorus
>Berlioz, Hector : L'enfance du Christ, Op. 25
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>     Waltz of the Snowflakes
>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : The Twelve Days of Christmas
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Seasons
>     Winter. Cavatina
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Schumann, Robert : Album für die Jugend no 12 ("Knecht Ruprecht") for piano in A minor, Op. 68/12
>Traditional, Christmas : Who killed cock Robin?
>Davies, Henry Walford : O Little Town of Bethlehem, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : We've been a while a-wandering, carol ("The Yorkshire Wassail Song")
>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noël for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chrétiens," "O Holy Night")

Album Summary

>Chilcott, Robert : The Time of Snow, for chorus & piano
>Debussy, Claude : Préludes, Book 1
>Goss, John : See Amid the Winter's Snow, for chorus
>Berlioz, Hector : L'enfance du Christ, Op. 25
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : The Twelve Days of Christmas
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Seasons
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
>Schumann, Robert : Album für die Jugend no 12 ("Knecht Ruprecht") for piano in A minor, Op. 68/12
>Traditional, Christmas : Who killed cock Robin?
>Davies, Henry Walford : O Little Town of Bethlehem, carol
>Traditional, Christmas : We've been a while a-wandering, carol ("The Yorkshire Wassail Song")
>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noël for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chrétiens," "O Holy Night")
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A musical impression of Christmas and the time of snow with contributions from choirs, orchestras, children, instrumentalists and carol singers



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Chilcott, Robert : The Time of Snow, for chorus & piano
  • Performer: Susan Smith (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Debussy, Claude : Préludes, Book 1
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909

>Goss, John : See Amid the Winter's Snow, for chorus
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas

>Berlioz, Hector : L'enfance du Christ, Op. 25
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 10/1850-07/1854

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a :: Waltz of the Snowflakes
  • Conductor: Don Jackson
  • Running Time: 7 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1850

>Traditional, Christmas : The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • Performers: Ian Giles (Tenor); Jon Boden (Fiddle)
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1864.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1864

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : The Seasons :: Winter. Cavatina
  • Conductor: Wolfgang Gönnenwein
  • Notes: Composition written: 1801.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1801

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Performer: Pavel Popov (Violin)
  • Conductor: Stanislav Gorkovenko
  • Running Time: 9 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Schumann, Robert : Album für die Jugend no 12 ("Knecht Ruprecht") for piano in A minor, Op. 68/12
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1848

>Traditional, Christmas : Who killed cock Robin?
  • Performers: Matthew Spring (Guitar); Sara Stowe (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.

>Davies, Henry Walford : O Little Town of Bethlehem, carol
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1920

>Traditional, Christmas : We've been a while a-wandering, carol ("The Yorkshire Wassail Song")
  • Performer: Sara Stowe (Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noël for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chrétiens," "O Holy Night")
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1851