1 800 222 6872

The Romance of the Piano / Martin Souter

Album Summary

>Brahms, Johannes : Pieces (6) for Piano, Op. 118
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A major, BWV 888 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 2)
>Satie, Erik : Gymnopedies (3) for Piano
>Schubert, Franz : Moment musical for piano in C major, D. 780/1 (Op. 94/1)
>Debussy, Claude : Bruyères, prelude for piano, L. 123/5
>Schubert, Franz : Moment musical for piano in A flat major ("Plaintes d'un Troubadour"), D. 780/6 (Op. 94/6)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 15 in D flat major, Op. 28/15, CT. 180
>Debussy, Claude : La fille aux cheveux de lin
>Satie, Erik : Gymnopédie 2
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 6 in G minor ("Venetianisches Gondellied"), Op. 19b/6
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for keyboard no 10 in E minor (WTC II/10), BWV 879 (BC L113)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 6 in B minor, Op. 28/6, CT. 171
>Satie, Erik : Gnossienne no 1
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Relaxing piano music by Brahms, Debussy, Chopin, Schubert, and more recorded on a very fine period instrument by Broadwood.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Brahms, Johannes : Pieces (6) for Piano, Op. 118 :: Intermezzo, Op. 118/2
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A major, BWV 888 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 2)
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1740

>Satie, Erik : Gymnopédies (3) for Piano
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Schubert, Franz : Moment musical for piano in C major, D. 780/1 (Op. 94/1)
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1823

>Debussy, Claude : Bruyères, prelude for piano, L. 123/5
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1910-1912

>Schubert, Franz : Moment musical for piano in A flat major ("Plaintes d'un Troubadour"), D. 780/6 (Op. 94/6)
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1823

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 15 in D flat major, Op. 28/15, CT. 180
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Debussy, Claude : La fille aux cheveux de lin
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1910

>Satie, Erik : Gymnopédie 2
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 6 in G minor ("Venetianisches Gondellied"), Op. 19b/6
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 10/16/1830.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 10/16/1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Lieder ohne Worte, Op. 19
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1829-1830

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue, for keyboard no 10 in E minor (WTC II/10), BWV 879 (BC L113)
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1740

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 6 in B minor, Op. 28/6, CT. 171
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Satie, Erik : Gnossienne no 1
  • Performer: Martin Souter [Organ/Piano] (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888