- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection": I. Allegro maestoso
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection": II. Andante moderato
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection": III. Scherzo. In ruhig fließender Bewegung
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection": IV. Urlicht $0.99 on iTunes
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection": V. Im tempo des Scherzos
Notes & Reviews:
CSO principal conductor Bernard Haitink leads a moving and noble performance of Mahler's immense Second Symphony, continuing his and the orchestra's successful exploration of Mahler's symphonies. The legendary CSO brass are at their finest, with stellar solos and ensemble playing from the woodwinds, strings and percussion.The Chicago Symphony Chorus sounds glorious in Mahler's triumphant finale, singing with sumptuous sound and immaculate diction. A musical force in Chicago and around the world, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is consistently hailed as one of the finest international orchestras.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Orchestra Hall, Symphony Center (11/20/2008-11/25/2008).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Mahler: Symphony no 4 / Iván Fischer, Miah Persson, Budapest Festival Orchestra
Mahler: Symphony no 1 / Bernard Haitink, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Adams: Doctor Atomic Symphony, Guide to Strange Places / St. Louis SO
Thomas Adès: The Tempest / Bostridge, Royal, Langridge, et al
Haydn: the Operas/ Various Artists
100 Transcendental Studies 2: Nos 26-43 - Sorabji/Ullen
Barry Manilow: In the Swing of Christmas [Bonus Tracks]
Bach: Flute Sonatas / Joshua Smith
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
- Performers: Miah Persson (Soprano); Christianne Stotijn (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Bernard Haitink
- Notes: Orchestra Hall, Symphony Center (11/20/2008-11/25/2008)
- Running Time: 82 min. 7 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888-1894
- Studio/Live: Live