1 800 222 6872

Organ: Greatest Works - works by Bach, Buxtehude, Pachelbel, Mendelssohn, Handel, Reger, Saint-Saens et al. / various artists

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
>Bruhns, Nicolaus : Praeludium no 1 in E major for organ ("Groß")
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Passacaglia for organ in D minor, BuxWV 161
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in F sharp minor, BuxWV 146
>Pachelbel, Johann : Toccata for Organ in C minor
>Liszt, Franz : Adagio, for organ in D flat major (Consolations no 2), S. 759 (LW E22/2)
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Prelude & Fugue for organ in C minor, Op. 37/1
>Lübeck, Vincent : Prelude and Fugue for organ in E
>Schumann, Robert : Etude no 1 for pedal piano in C major, Op. 56/1
>Brahms, Johannes : Fugue for organ in A flat minor, WoO 8
>Widor, Charles-Marie : Fifth Symphony
>Handel, George Frideric : Organ Concerto in A major, Op.7/2, HWV 307
>Poulenc, Francis : Concerto for Organ, Strings and Timpani in G minor
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Passion (Passiontide), for organ, Op. 145/4
>Reubke, Julius : Sonata for Organ in C minor "94th Psalm"
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Symphony no 3 in C minor, Op. 78 "Organ"
Composers
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565 :: Fuga. Adagio
  • Running Time: 9 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in G major, BWV 541
  • Running Time: 7 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1712

>Bruhns, Nicolaus : Praeludium no 1 in E major for organ ("Groß")
  • Running Time: 5 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Passacaglia for organ in D minor, BuxWV 161
  • Running Time: 7 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Prelude and Fugue for Organ in F sharp minor, BuxWV 146
  • Running Time: 8 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Pachelbel, Johann : Toccata for Organ in C minor
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 04/1706

>Liszt, Franz : Adagio, for organ in D flat major (Consolations no 2), S. 759 (LW E22/2)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1866-1867

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Prelude & Fugue for organ in C minor, Op. 37/1
  • Notes: Composition written: 07/30/1834-04/02/1837.
  • Running Time: 8 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Lübeck, Vincent : Prelude and Fugue for organ in E
  • Running Time: 6 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Schumann, Robert : Etude no 1 for pedal piano in C major, Op. 56/1
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1845

>Brahms, Johannes : Fugue for organ in A flat minor, WoO 8
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1856

>Widor, Charles-Marie : Fifth Symphony
  • Running Time: 6 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Handel, George Frideric : Organ Concerto in A major, Op.7/2, HWV 307
  • Running Time: 15 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1743

>Poulenc, Francis : Concerto for Organ, Strings and Timpani in G minor
  • Running Time: 21 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1938

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Passion (Passiontide), for organ, Op. 145/4
  • Running Time: 5 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1915-1916

>Reubke, Julius : Sonata for Organ in C minor "94th Psalm"
  • Running Time: 17 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1857

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Symphony no 3 in C minor, Op. 78 "Organ" :: 4. Maestoso - Allegro - Molto Allegro - Pesante
  • Running Time: 7 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1886