1 800 222 6872

Mozart: 17 Church Sonatas / Zsigmond Szathmary

Album Summary

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 14 in C major, K 278 (271e)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 4 in D major, K 144 (124a)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 7 in F major, K 224 (241a)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 9 in G major, K 241
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 5 in F major, K 145 (124b)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 16 in C major, K 329 (317a)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 11 in D major, K 245
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 1 in E flat major, K 67 (41h)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 12 in C major, K 263
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 3 in D major, K 69 (41k)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 13 in G major, K 274 (271d)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 17 in C major, K 336 (336d)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 2 in B flat major, K 68 (41i)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 10 in F major, K 244
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 15 in C major, K 328 (317c)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 6 in B flat major, K 212
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 8 in A major, K 225 (241b)
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

There are 17 one-movement instrumental compositions known to have been composed by Mozart designated as either "Church sonatas" or "Epistle sonatas. The charming miniatures were a specialty of Salzburg, although only Mozart could afford the luxury of composing his own pieces. From his predecessors and colleagues in Salzburg no works of this type have been preserved. Organist and composer Zsigmond Szathmáry arranged the pieces for organ solo, which showcases this little known music by Mozart with a colorful new sound.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 14 in C major, K 278 (271e)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1777

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 4 in D major, K 144 (124a)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1772

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 7 in F major, K 224 (241a)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 9 in G major, K 241
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 5 in F major, K 145 (124b)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1772

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 16 in C major, K 329 (317a)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 11 in D major, K 245
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 1 in E flat major, K 67 (41h)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1767

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 12 in C major, K 263
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 3 in D major, K 69 (41k)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1767

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 13 in G major, K 274 (271d)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1777

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 17 in C major, K 336 (336d)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1780

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 2 in B flat major, K 68 (41i)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1767

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 10 in F major, K 244
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 15 in C major, K 328 (317c)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 6 in B flat major, K 212
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1775

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Church Sonata for Organ and Strings no 8 in A major, K 225 (241b)
  • Performer: Zsigmond Szathmáry (Organ)
  • Notes: Church St. Martin, Staufen i. Br. (06/11/2008-06/15/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776