- Res Fischer (Mezzo Soprano)
- Paula Lenchner (Soprano)
- Liselotte Rebmann (Soprano)
- Gertrud Roll (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
Swiss composer Othmar Schoeck (1886-1957) was known primarily for his art songs and song cycles. His one-act opera Penthesilea is his most well-known opera. The work was inspired by Heinrich von Kleist's tragic play of the same name. Schoeck also wrote the libretto for the work. This production was recorded in Stuttgart in 1957, and features Martha Modl in the title role.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Stuttgart (Staatsoper) (12/15/1957).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsSchoeck, Othmar : Penthesilea, opera in 1 act, Op. 39
- Performers: Res Fischer (Mezzo Soprano); Paula Lenchner (Soprano); Liselotte Rebmann (Soprano); Gertrud Roll (Voice)
- Conductor: Ferdinand Leitner
- Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1923-1925