1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: The Symphonies [Box Set]

Audio Samples

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
>     Overture (Sostenuto, ma non troppo - Allegro)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 2 in C major, Op. 72
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43
>     Overture
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113
>     Overture
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 2 in C major, Op. 72
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
Performers Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Gramophone Magazine - Richard Osborne
Beethoven is in no way déjà vu to Karajan, as this set gloriously proves

Gramophone Magazine
Sets new standards of orchestral playing



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 22 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 31 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84 :: Overture (Sostenuto, ma non troppo - Allegro)
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 8 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 30 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 33 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 47 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 2 in C major, Op. 72
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 14 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1804-1805

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 29 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 24 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Leonore Overture no 3 in C major, Op. 72b
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 6 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1805-1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 37 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 9 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 5 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Notes: Composition written: 1811.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1811

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Performers: Anna Tomowa-Sintow (Soprano); José Van Dam; Agnes Baltsa (Mezzo Soprano); Peter Schreier
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 66 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824