1 800 222 6872

The Heifetzian Violin: Transcriptions by Jascha Heifetz, Vol. 1

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 3 in G minor, BWV 808
>Weber, Carl Maria von : Sonata for piano & violin obbligato no 2 in G major, J. 100 (Op. 10b/2)
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 16 in G major, Op. 32/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Daisies, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/3
>Albéniz, Isaac [Composer] : Suite española no 1, for piano, Op. 47, B. 7
>Debussy, Claude : Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune (Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun), for orchestra, L. 86
>Debussy, Claude : Children's Corner
>Godowsky, Leopold : Régi Bécs
>Prokofiev, Sergey : The Love for Three Oranges, suite for orchestra, Op. 33 bis
>Poulenc, Francis : Presto for Piano in B flat major
>Milhaud, Darius : Braziliera, arranged by Jascha Heifetz for violin & piano (from Scaramouche)
>Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Mario : Il raggio verde (Sea piece no 1), for piano, Op. 9
>Prokofiev, Sergey : Pieces (4) for piano, Op. 32
>Khachaturian, Aram : Gayaneh
>Heifetz, Jascha : Selections (5) from Gershwin's Porgy and Bess, arrangement for violin & piano
>Heifetz, Jascha : Three Preludes, arrangement for violin & piano (after Gershwin)
Performers Composers
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : English Suite no 3 in G minor, BWV 808
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1720

>Weber, Carl Maria von : Sonata for piano & violin obbligato no 2 in G major, J. 100 (Op. 10b/2) :: Rondo
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 16 in G major, Op. 32/5
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1910

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Daisies, song for voice & piano, Op. 38/3
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916

>Albéniz, Isaac [Composer] : Suite española no 1, for piano, Op. 47, B. 7 :: Sevilla
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Debussy, Claude : Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune (Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun), for orchestra, L. 86
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Debussy, Claude : Children's Corner
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1906-1908

>Godowsky, Leopold : Régi Bécs
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Prokofiev, Sergey : The Love for Three Oranges, suite for orchestra, Op. 33 bis :: March
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1919

>Poulenc, Francis : Presto for Piano in B flat major
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1934

>Milhaud, Darius : Braziliera, arranged by Jascha Heifetz for violin & piano (from Scaramouche)
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: after 1937

>Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Mario : Il raggio verde (Sea piece no 1), for piano, Op. 9
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1916

>Prokofiev, Sergey : Pieces (4) for piano, Op. 32 :: no 3, Gavotte
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1918

>Khachaturian, Aram : Gayaneh :: Sabre Dance
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1943

>Heifetz, Jascha : Selections (5) from Gershwin's Porgy and Bess, arrangement for violin & piano
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1944

>Heifetz, Jascha : Three Preludes, arrangement for violin & piano (after Gershwin)
  • Performers: Márta Gulyás (Piano); Vilmos Szabadi (Violin)
  • Notes: Hungaraton Studios (10/25/1996-10/31/1996)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1940-1942