George Szell: Salzburger Orchesterkonzerte [Box Set]

Audio Samples

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Flute no 1 in G major, K 313 (285c)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 92 in G major, H 1 no 92 "Oxford"
>Einem, Gottfried von : Ballade, for orchestra, Op. 23 (Europaische Erstauffuhrung)
>Walton, William : Partita for Orchestra
>Prokofiev, Sergei : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, Op. 100
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 9 in E flat major, K 271 "Jeunehomme"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 3 in C minor, Op. 37
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
>     Ouvertüre. Sostenuto, ma non troppo - Allegro
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Alceste
>     Ouverture
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 27 in B flat major, K 595
>Strauss, Richard : Sinfonia Domestica for orchestra, Op. 53 (TrV 209)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
>Bruckner, Anton : Symphony no 7 in E major, WAB 107

Album Summary

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Flute no 1 in G major, K 313 (285c)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter"
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 92 in G major, H 1 no 92 "Oxford"
>Einem, Gottfried von : Ballade, for orchestra, Op. 23 (Europaische Erstauffuhrung)
>Walton, William : Partita for Orchestra
>Prokofiev, Sergei : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, Op. 100
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 9 in E flat major, K 271 "Jeunehomme"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 3 in C minor, Op. 37
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Alceste
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 27 in B flat major, K 595
>Strauss, Richard : Sinfonia Domestica for orchestra, Op. 53 (TrV 209)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
>Bruckner, Anton : Symphony no 7 in E major, WAB 107
Performers Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Flute no 1 in G major, K 313 (285c)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Notes: Composition written: 1779.
  • Running Time: 18 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1779
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter"
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 30 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 92 in G major, H 1 no 92 "Oxford"
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Notes: Composition written: 1789.
  • Running Time: 27 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1789
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Einem, Gottfried von : Ballade, for orchestra, Op. 23 (Europäische Erstaufführung)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 14 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Walton, William : Partita for Orchestra
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 15 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1957
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Prokofiev, Sergei : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, Op. 100
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 37 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1944
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 9 in E flat major, K 271 "Jeunehomme"
  • Performer: Rudolf Firkusny (Piano)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 32 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1777
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 3 in C minor, Op. 37
  • Performer: Rudolf Firkusny (Piano)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 33 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1800-1803
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84 :: Ouvertüre. Sostenuto, ma non troppo - Allegro
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 8 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 48 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Gluck, Christoph Willibald : Alceste :: Ouverture
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Notes: Composition written: Germany.
  • Running Time: 10 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 27 in B flat major, K 595
  • Performer: Clifford Curzon (Piano)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 31 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1791
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Sinfonia Domestica for orchestra, Op. 53 (TrV 209)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 42 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1902-1903
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
  • Performer: Clifford Curzon (Piano)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 32 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1805-1806
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
  • Performer: Clifford Curzon (Piano)
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 38 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1809
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Bruckner, Anton : Symphony no 7 in E major, WAB 107
  • Conductor: George Szell
  • Running Time: 63 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1881-1883
  • Studio/Live: Live