- Wayne — Symphony No. 2 "Reggae": I. Moderato
- Wayne — Symphony No. 2 "Reggae": II. Presto
- Wayne — Symphony No. 2 "Reggae": III. Lento Moderato
- Wayne — Symphony No. 2 "Reggae": IV. Allegro Vivace
- Symphony No. 2, Reggae: I. Moderato
- Symphony No. 2, Reggae: II. Presto
- Symphony No. 2, Reggae: III. Lento
- Symphony No. 2, Reggae: IV. Allegro Vivace
Notes & Reviews:
"Wayne writes well for orchestra, and he knows a certain market. The reggae rhythms (the backbeat eighths on 2 and 4) are varied and not omnipresent. And who knows, maybe someday the genre will have an honored tradition in concert music akin to the tango. Time will tell, in so many ways... While the work seems closer to Dvorak and Gershwin than Bob Marley et al, Wayne's gifts for lyricism and invention are real. The New Millenium recording of the four-movement work by the State Philharmonic of Brno, conducted by Leos Svarovsky, does the piece justice. The performance has energy, excitement and a certain "From the New World." - Steve Shaffer, 21st Century Music, 2001
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsWayne, Hayden : Symphony no 2 "Reggae"
- Performers: Leos Svarovsky; Hayden Wayne
- Conductor: Leos Svarovsky
- Running Time: 49 min. 28 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Orchestral