1 800 222 6872

Bruckner: Sacred Motets

Album Summary

>Bruckner, Anton : Christus factus est (II), gradual for chorus, 3 violins & 2 trombones in D minor, WAB 10
>Bruckner, Anton : Tantum ergo (no 5), motet for chorus and organ in D major, WAB 42
>Bruckner, Anton : Vexilla regis prodeunt, hymn in Phrygian mode for chorus, WAB 51
>Bruckner, Anton : Pange lingua, hymn for chorus in D major, WAB 32
>Bruckner, Anton : Ave regina coelorum, Gregorian choral for voice (or unison chorus) & organ, WAB 8
>Bruckner, Anton : Ave Maria
>Bruckner, Anton : Aequale no 1 for 3 Trombones in C minor, WAB 114
>Bruckner, Anton : Os justi meditabitur sapientiam, WAB 30
>Bruckner, Anton : Aequale no 2 for 3 Trombones in C minor, WAB 149
>Bruckner, Anton : Locus iste, gradual for chorus in C major, WAB 23
>Bruckner, Anton : Veni creator spiritus, harmonized Gregorian chorale for chorus & organ, WAB 50
>Bruckner, Anton : Pange lingua, WAB 33 "Tantum ergo"
>Bruckner, Anton : Virga Jesse, gradual for chorus in E minor, WAB 52
>Bruckner, Anton : Christus factus est (III), gradual for chorus in D minor, WAB 11
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This CD contains both familiar masterpieces and various lesser-known works of merit from Bruckner's choral oeuvre. The program is palindromatic, working inward from two settings of Christus factus est. Also included are two settings of Tantum Ergo; Pange Lingua; Ave Regina Caelorum; Veni Creator Spiritus; Aequali, and, in the center of the set, is the Os Justi.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bruckner, Anton : Christus factus est (II), gradual for chorus, 3 violins & 2 trombones in D minor, WAB 10
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1879

>Bruckner, Anton : Tantum ergo (no 5), motet for chorus and organ in D major, WAB 42
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1846-1888

>Bruckner, Anton : Vexilla regis prodeunt, hymn in Phrygian mode for chorus, WAB 51
  • Running Time: 5 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1892

>Bruckner, Anton : Pange lingua, hymn for chorus in D major, WAB 32
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1843

>Bruckner, Anton : Ave regina coelorum, Gregorian choral for voice (or unison chorus) & organ, WAB 8
  • Running Time: 1 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1887

>Bruckner, Anton : Ave Maria
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral

>Bruckner, Anton : Aequale no 1 for 3 Trombones in C minor, WAB 114
  • Performer: Ian Jones (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1847

>Bruckner, Anton : Os justi meditabitur sapientiam, WAB 30
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1879

>Bruckner, Anton : Aequale no 2 for 3 Trombones in C minor, WAB 149
  • Performer: Ian Jones (Trombone)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1847

>Bruckner, Anton : Locus iste, gradual for chorus in C major, WAB 23
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1869

>Bruckner, Anton : Veni creator spiritus, harmonized Gregorian chorale for chorus & organ, WAB 50
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1884

>Bruckner, Anton : Pange lingua, WAB 33 "Tantum ergo"
  • Running Time: 4 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1868

>Bruckner, Anton : Virga Jesse, gradual for chorus in E minor, WAB 52
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1885

>Bruckner, Anton : Tantum ergo (no 5), motet for chorus and organ in D major, WAB 42
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1846-1888

>Bruckner, Anton : Christus factus est (III), gradual for chorus in D minor, WAB 11
  • Running Time: 5 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1896