1 800 222 6872

Johann Sebastian B.A.C.H.ianas & Transcriptions

Album Summary

>Liszt, Franz : Prelude et Fugue a-moll (pour orgue), BWV 543
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Sinfonia from the cantata Wir danken dir Gott, transcription for piano (after Bach, BWV 29)
>Kempff, Wilhelm : Siciliano from Flute Sonata in E major, transcription for piano (after J. S. Bach BWV 1031)
>Schumann, Robert : Fugue no 2 on B-A-C-H for organ in B flat major, Op. 60/2
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio et Fugue en ut majeur, BWV 564
>Kempff, Wilhelm : Ich ruf zu dir Herr Jesus Christus, transcription for piano (after J. S. Bach, BWV 639)
>Busoni, Ferruccio : Partita no 2 en re mineur (pour violon), BWV 1004
>Beffa, Karol : Erbarme dich mein Gott, for piano (transcription of an aria from Bach's St. Matthew Passion)
>Siloti, Alexander : Prelude, transcription for piano in B minor (after Bach, BWV 855)
>Villa-Lobos, Heitor : Bachianas Brasileiras no 4
Performer Composers
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >

Notes & Reviews:

A series of Bach & Bach-inspired works transcribed for the keyboard, recorded with the innovative Neumann's numerical microphones.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Liszt, Franz : Prélude et Fugue a-moll (pour orgue), BWV 543 :: Prélude
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Liszt, Franz : Prélude et Fugue a-moll (pour orgue), BWV 543 :: Fugue
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Sinfonia from the cantata Wir danken dir Gott, transcription for piano (after Bach, BWV 29)
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Kempff, Wilhelm : Siciliano from Flute Sonata in E major, transcription for piano (after J. S. Bach BWV 1031)
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: by 1931

>Schumann, Robert : Fugue no 2 on B-A-C-H for organ in B flat major, Op. 60/2
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1845

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio et Fugue en ut majeur, BWV 564 :: Adagio
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712

>Kempff, Wilhelm : Ich ruf zu dir Herr Jesus Christus, transcription for piano (after J. S. Bach, BWV 639)
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: by 1954

>Busoni, Ferruccio : Partita no 2 en ré mineur (pour violon), BWV 1004 :: Chaconne
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Beffa, Karol : Erbarme dich mein Gott, for piano (transcription of an aria from Bach's St. Matthew Passion)
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Siloti, Alexander : Prelude, transcription for piano in B minor (after Bach, BWV 855)
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Villa-Lobos, Heitor : Bachianas Brasileiras no 4 :: Aria (cantiga)
  • Performer: David Bismuth (Piano)
  • Notes: Temple Saint-Pierre (09/15/2008-09/17/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1930-1941