1 800 222 6872

The Very Best of Chopin

Album Summary

>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano in C sharp minor (doubtful), KK Anh.Ia/6
>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2, CT. 213
>Chopin, Frédéric : Barcarolle for Piano in F sharp major, B 158/Op. 60
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 5 in F sharp major, Op. 15/2, CT. 112
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
>Chopin, Frédéric : Sonata for Piano no 2 in B flat minor, Op. 35 "Funeral March"
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 10 in B flat major, Op. 17/1, CT. 60
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 6 in E flat minor, Op. 10/6, CT. 19
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 22 in B minor, Op. 25/10, CT. 35
>Chopin, Frédéric : Sonata for Piano no 3 in B minor, Op. 58
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 23 in D major, Op. 33/2, CT. 73
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 3 in E major, Op. 10/3, CT. 16
>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 6 in A flat major ("Héroique"), Op. 53, CT. 155
>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for Piano in E flat major, B 62/Op. 18 "Grande valse brillante"
>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 3 in F major, Op. 34/3, CT. 209
>Chopin, Frédéric : Andante spianato et Grand polonaise brillante in E flat major, Op. 22
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 13 in C minor, Op. 48/1, CT. 120
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 24 in C minor, Op. 25/12, CT. 37
>Chopin, Frédéric : Concerto for Piano no 1 in E minor, B 53/Op. 11
>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 9 in A flat major ("L'adieu") Op. 69/1, CT. 215
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 4 in F minor, B 146/Op. 52
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 13 in A minor, Op. 17/4, CT. 63
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 23 in A minor, Op. 25/11, CT. 36
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 7 in A major, Op. 28/7, CT. 172
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 15 in D flat major, Op. 28/15, CT. 180
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 24 in D minor, Op. 28/24, CT. 189
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Following the success of the 'Very Best of...' singer and other releases, Virgin Classics presents six composer compilations featuring the best of each composer and the cream of the label's artists. 2006



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano in C sharp minor (doubtful), KK Anh.Ia/6
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64/2, CT. 213
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846-1847

>Chopin, Frédéric : Barcarolle for Piano in F sharp major, B 158/Op. 60
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1845-1845

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 5 in F sharp major, Op. 15/2, CT. 112
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Sonata for Piano no 2 in B flat minor, Op. 35 "Funeral March" :: 3. Marche funèbre
  • Performer: Mikhail Pletnev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 10 in B flat major, Op. 17/1, CT. 60
  • Performer: Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1832-1833

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 6 in E flat minor, Op. 10/6, CT. 19
  • Performer: Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 22 in B minor, Op. 25/10, CT. 35
  • Performer: Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835-1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Sonata for Piano no 3 in B minor, Op. 58 :: Finale
  • Performer: Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1844

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 23 in D major, Op. 33/2, CT. 73
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 3 in E major, Op. 10/3, CT. 16
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Polonaise for piano no 6 in A flat major ("Héroique"), Op. 53, CT. 155
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1843

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for Piano in E flat major, B 62/Op. 18 "Grande valse brillante"
  • Performer: Dmitri Alexeev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1831-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 3 in F major, Op. 34/3, CT. 209
  • Performer: Dmitri Alexeev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Chopin, Frédéric : Andante spianato et Grand polonaise brillante in E flat major, Op. 22
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 13 in C minor, Op. 48/1, CT. 120
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 24 in C minor, Op. 25/12, CT. 37
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835-1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Concerto for Piano no 1 in E minor, B 53/Op. 11 :: 2. Larghetto
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1830

>Chopin, Frédéric : Waltz for piano no 9 in A flat major ("L'adieu") Op. 69/1, CT. 215
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 4 in F minor, B 146/Op. 52
  • Performer: Piotr Anderszewski (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1843

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 13 in A minor, Op. 17/4, CT. 63
  • Performer: Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1832-1833

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 23 in A minor, Op. 25/11, CT. 36
  • Performer: Leif Andsnes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835-1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 7 in A major, Op. 28/7, CT. 172
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 15 in D flat major, Op. 28/15, CT. 180
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 24 in D minor, Op. 28/24, CT. 189
  • Performer: Francois-René Duchable (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839