1 800 222 6872

Early Solo & Chamber Recordings (1927-1947)

Album Summary

>Hindemith, Paul : Trio for strings no 1, Op. 34
>Wagner, Richard : Albumblatt (In das Album Fürstin Metternich), for piano in C major, WWV 94
>Debussy, Claude : Petite suite for Piano 4 hands
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166)
>Paganini, Niccolò : Introduction and Variations on "Non più mesta" from Rossini's "La cenerentola", for violin & orchest
>Smetana, Bedrich : Z domoviny (From the Homeland), pieces (2) for violin & piano, JB 1
>Schubert, Franz : German Dances (12) for piano (Ländler), D. 790 (Op. posth. 171)
>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes for Piano, Op. 13
>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes in Variation Form (5), for piano (variants & corrections of Op. 13), WoO 6
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
Performers Ensemble Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Hindemith, Paul : Trio for strings no 1, Op. 34 :: 1. Toccata
  • Ensemble: Hindemith Trio
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1924

>Wagner, Richard : Albumblatt (In das Album Fürstin Metternich), for piano in C major, WWV 94
  • Performers: Georg Kulenkampff (Violin); Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861

>Debussy, Claude : Petite suite for Piano 4 hands :: Menuet
  • Performers: Georg Kulenkampff (Violin); Franz Rupp (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888-1889

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 140, "Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme," BWV 140 (BC A166) :: Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stim
  • Performer: Wilhelm Kempff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 11/25/1731

>Paganini, Niccolò : Introduction and Variations on "Non più mesta" from Rossini's "La cenerentola", for violin & orchest
  • Performers: Otto Graef (Piano); Vasa Prihoda (Violin)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1819

>Smetana, Bedrich : Z domoviny (From the Homeland), pieces (2) for violin & piano, JB 1 :: 118
  • Performers: Otto Graef (Piano); Vasa Prihoda (Violin)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Schubert, Franz : German Dances (12) for piano (Ländler), D. 790 (Op. posth. 171)
  • Performer: Eduard Erdmann (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 05/1823

>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes for Piano, Op. 13
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834-1861

>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes in Variation Form (5), for piano (variants & corrections of Op. 13), WoO 6 :: Variati
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1836

>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes for Piano, Op. 13
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834-1861

>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes in Variation Form (5), for piano (variants & corrections of Op. 13), WoO 6 :: Variati
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1836

>Schumann, Robert : Symphonic Etudes for Piano, Op. 13
  • Performer: Géza Anda (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834-1861

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Performer: Helmut Walcha (Organ)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708