- Neil Howlett (Baritone)
- David Kelly (Voice)
- Julia Hamari (Voice)
- Dennis Wicks (Bass)
- James King (Bass)
- Sherrill Milnes (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
BBC Music Magazine
[Caballé's] voice sounds youthful, gleaming, opulent at the top...[the nasty stops] come later, in league with Lewis's desperate but notewise spot-on Herod. Leinsdorf's conducting has both transparency and pace. A top recommendation.
James Longstaffe, Presto Classical, April 2014
This may strike some as a somewhat unusual choice, but I love hearing Montserrat CaballT in repertoire not usually associated with her. She brings a youthful vigour to the role, and her extraordinary breath control and legendary pianissimo are used to astonishing effect, especially in the final scene.
Recording information: Walthamstow Town Hall, London (1968-06-24&1968-06-26&1968-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsStrauss, Richard : Salome, Op. 54
- Performers: Neil Howlett (Baritone); David Kelly (Voice); Julia Hamari (Voice); Dennis Wicks (Bass); James King (Bass); Sherrill Milnes (Voice)
- Conductor: Erich Leinsdorf
- Notes: Walthamstow Town Hall, London (1968-06-24&1968-06-26&1968-)
- Running Time: 9 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1903-1905