The Detroit Symphony Orchestra Wind Quintet 1977-2007

Album Summary

>Reicha, Antoine : Quintets (6) for Winds, Op. 88
>Jacob, Gordon : Swansea Town, variations (8) for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon & horn
>Bozza, Eugène : Scherzo for winds, Op 48
>Farkas, Ferenc : Early Hungarian Dances (5) from the 17th Century, for wind quintet
>Arnold, Malcolm : Shanties (3), for wind quintet, Op. 4
>Barthe, Adrien : Bassacaille, for oboe & wind quintet
>Stravinsky, Igor : Pastorale for Violin, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet and Bassoon
>Damase, Jean-Michel : Variations (17) for wind quintet, Op. 22
Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Reicha, Antoine : Quintets (6) for Winds, Op. 88
  • Running Time: 15 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Jacob, Gordon : Swansea Town, variations (8) for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon & horn
  • Running Time: 10 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1975

>Eugène Bozza (1905 - 1991) : Scherzo for winds, Op 48
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Farkas, Ferenc : Early Hungarian Dances (5) from the 17th Century, for wind quintet
  • Running Time: 9 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1959

>Arnold, Malcolm : Shanties (3), for wind quintet, Op. 4
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1943

>Barthe, Adrien : Bassacaille, for oboe & wind quintet
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Stravinsky, Igor : Pastorale for Violin, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet and Bassoon
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1933

>Damase, Jean-Michel : Variations (17) for wind quintet, Op. 22
  • Running Time: 14 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern