1 800 222 6872

Music from St. Clement Danes

Audio Samples

>Sidwell, Martindale : Psalm 23, for choir
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248
>     How shall I fitly meet Thee
>Victoria, Tomás L. de : O magnum mysterium, motet for 4 voices
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Traditional, Christmas : I Saw Three Ships, carol
>Eccard, Johannes : When to the temple Mary went, motet for choir
>Handl, Jacobus : Adoramus Te Jesu Christe, motet for double choir
>Brahms, Johannes : German Requiem, Op. 45
>     Ye now
>Traditional, Dutch : This Joyful Eastertide
>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Coelis Ascendit Hodie, motet for chorus, Op. 38/2
>Handel, George Frideric : Giulio Cesare, HWV 17
>     Let the bright Seraphim
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Greater Love Hath No Man, motet for treble, baritone, chorus & organ
>Gigout, Eugène : Toccata for organ in B minor

Album Summary

>Sidwell, Martindale : Psalm 23, for choir
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248
>Victoria, Tomás L. de : O magnum mysterium, motet for 4 voices
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Traditional, Christmas : I Saw Three Ships, carol
>Eccard, Johannes : When to the temple Mary went, motet for choir
>Handl, Jacobus : Adoramus Te Jesu Christe, motet for double choir
>Brahms, Johannes : German Requiem, Op. 45
>Traditional, Dutch : This Joyful Eastertide
>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Coelis Ascendit Hodie, motet for chorus, Op. 38/2
>Handel, George Frideric : Giulio Cesare, HWV 17
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Greater Love Hath No Man, motet for treble, baritone, chorus & organ
>Gigout, Eugène : Toccata for organ in B minor
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Sidwell, Martindale : Psalm 23, for choir
  • Performers: Martindale Sidwell (Organ); John Wilbraham (Trumpet)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248 :: How shall I fitly meet Thee
  • Performers: Martindale Sidwell (Organ); John Wilbraham (Trumpet)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1734

>Victoria, Tomás L. de : O magnum mysterium, motet for 4 voices
  • Performers: John Wilbraham (Trumpet); Martindale Sidwell (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1572

>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
  • Performers: John Wilbraham (Trumpet); Martindale Sidwell (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1818

>Traditional, Christmas : I Saw Three Ships, carol
  • Performers: Martindale Sidwell (Organ); John Wilbraham (Trumpet)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1666

>Eccard, Johannes : When to the temple Mary went, motet for choir
  • Performers: John Wilbraham (Trumpet); Martindale Sidwell (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Handl, Jacobus : Adoramus Te Jesu Christe, motet for double choir
  • Performers: John Wilbraham (Trumpet); Martindale Sidwell (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Brahms, Johannes : German Requiem, Op. 45 :: Ye now
  • Performers: Lynne Hirst; Martindale Sidwell (Organ); John Wilbraham (Trumpet)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1857-1868

>Traditional, Dutch : This Joyful Eastertide
  • Performers: John Wilbraham (Trumpet); Martindale Sidwell (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.

>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Coelis Ascendit Hodie, motet for chorus, Op. 38/2
  • Performers: Martindale Sidwell (Organ); John Wilbraham (Trumpet)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890

>Handel, George Frideric : Giulio Cesare, HWV 17 :: Let the bright Seraphim
  • Performers: John Wilbraham (Trumpet); Lynne Hirst; Martindale Sidwell (Organ)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1741.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1741

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Greater Love Hath No Man, motet for treble, baritone, chorus & organ
  • Performers: Martindale Sidwell (Organ); John Nixon; John Wilbraham (Trumpet); Lynne Hirst; Kenneth Jones (Voice)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1912

>Gigout, Eugène : Toccata for organ in B minor
  • Performer: Martindale Sidwell (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: circa 1900