1 800 222 6872

Rachmaninoff: The Greatest Hits

Album Summary

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 6 in G minor, Op. 23/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Vocalise, instrumental arrangement, Op. 34/14
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 23 in G sharp minor, Op. 32/12
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 30
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 1 in C sharp minor ("The Bells of Moscow"), Op. 3/2
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Introduction and 24 Variations), for piano & orchestra in A minor,
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 2 in C minor, Op. 18 :: 1. Moderato; Allegro
  • Performer: Alexander Brailowsky (Piano)
  • Conductor: Enrique Jorda
  • Running Time: 9 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1900-1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 6 in G minor, Op. 23/5
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Vocalise, instrumental arrangement, Op. 34/14
  • Performer: Anna Moffo
  • Conductor: Leopold Stokowski
  • Running Time: 7 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27 :: 3. Adagio
  • Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
  • Running Time: 13 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1906-1907

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 23 in G sharp minor, Op. 32/12
  • Performer: Alexis Weissenberg (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1910

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Concerto for Piano no 3 in D minor, Op. 30 :: 3. Finale
  • Performer: Byron Janis (Piano)
  • Conductor: Charles Munch
  • Running Time: 12 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1909

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 1 in C sharp minor ("The Bells of Moscow"), Op. 3/2
  • Performer: Kathryn Stott (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Introduction and 24 Variations), for piano & orchestra in A minor,
  • Performer: Leonard Pennario (Piano)
  • Conductor: Arthur Fiedler
  • Running Time: 22 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1934

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Lilacs, song for voice & piano, Op. 21/5
  • Performer: Sergey Rachmaninov (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1902